Smokin Cigarettes and Watchin Capt'n Kangaroo*

That's not really what I'm doing, but I'd probably rather be doing it than working right now.
(Note: if anyone can name where that quote came from and where I most likely heard it from I will....think you are cool....but you will not receive any monetary prize, just coolness)

SO, today (or yesterday, depending on how you look at time) was my birthday. My 23rd birthday. I thought it would suck a lot, and it mostly did, except for the coolest boyfriend EVER who brought roses and a card (and chocolate) to me at work earlier (collective awwwww). I was totally surprised and almost cried. Then I worked all day, got occasional phone messages from well-wishers, Charcy bought me lunch (woohoo!), I went home, ate some dinner, then went to Andrew's. I waited outside his bedroom door and talked to his ex girlfriend while he wrapped my OTHER 3 presents (see, told you, coolest boyfriend ever). Oh yeah I guess I never mentioned that Andrew lives with his ex. It's not weird or anything with Wendy (his ex), she's really nice (although her dog hates me) and tonight she wished me happy birthday and gave me peanut butter fudge.

Moving on...or further backwards....(leave me alone I'm fucking exhausted) I took my family to Arigato on sunday night. None of them had ever been to a Hibachi grill and they had a great time watching dinner cooked right at the table. My mom made me and my brother (whose 16th birthday was on the 2nd) wear these ridiculous Japanese wigs and stole thingys and then they gave us a pineapple boat and free lemonade (whaaa?), took a picture, and sang to us in Japanese. Whatever, it was fun anyway.

Oh let me just say a few more words about Sin City, since it's becoming this giant smash hit now. If you don't like violence or stylized films, don't watch this. If you like intersecting storylines, fucking badass characters, cinematography at its finest, and tons of famous faces, GO SEE IT NOW. It was a brilliant move to shoot it in black and white with just traces of bright color, makes it look like a comic book (which the film is taken directly from, hardly any changes) and a film noir at the same time. And damn are some of the characters sexy (mostly girls, just one guy). Okay that's it, I don't want to ruin anything. Oh and if you do see it, a little trivia: Quentin Tarantino (though I hate him for copying the Chinese I still respect him) was paid 1 dollar to direct the sequence with Clive Owen and Benicio Del Toro in the car. That's the only part he directed, it's about a minute long. Okay I'm really done with that now.

I'm gonna wrap this up for the sole reason that I have to get on my feet and walk around or else I'm gonna fall asleep. I decided against caffeine tonight, don't really know why though since everything would be much easier to do if I could function. Too late now, if I drink anything caffeinated I'll be up for at least 8 hours before it wears off. True story.

*I should have titled the post "fun with parentheses" since I use so god damn many of them

Comments

Erica said…
no fair you googled it

....and I already think you're cool
Anonymous said…
happy (belated) birthday!!

-Erin
Sophia said…
What about the birthday party Barb and I hosted for you?
Erica said…
Sorry Catharine I loved that party!! I just kinda forgot about it :( But it was still really awesome!

And in case Sarah gets angry as well, thank you for the birthday card it was really nice of you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections