Idolatry at Geneseo-land

So from freshman year of college up until I graduated, I worked at Brodie, the Performing Arts building. I was a work-study student for the two best bosses in the entire world, Pat and Lori. After being there for 4 years I got to know all the professors in the music/theatre department and some of the acting/singing/whatever students.

The reason I applied for that job in the first place is because I secretly long to be an actress, however I have a hard time with failure. I haven't acted in anything since I was in high school. I could have gone out for parts in college plays, but I'd tell myself "I'm scared of Dr. Blood" or "Dr. Brown is weird to women and I hate him anyway". The real reason I didn't go out for parts is that I was too afraid of getting shot down. I want to keep up the belief that I could be an amazing actress if I want to be, but I merely choose not to use my wonderous talents. That's much better to think of than the alternative that I just suck. So, because of this, I look up ridiculously to people who actually do go out there and act.

The previous paragraphs were a very long intro into what is actually on my mind to talk about tonight. When I'm working overnights, sometimes I go to my page at myspace.com and click on my friends' profiles and look at their friends. Well my anime buddy Elliot (hi Elliot if you still read this) had a blast from the past on his friends list when I looked last night. One Mr. Ralph Suarez, who wrote/directed some films I saw while in college. I didn't know him personally though I think I talked to him when I was drunk once and I just kept saying "I love your movies" randomly.

"Ralphy" as he likes to be called, has made a number of short films, and I've seen probably 4 of them. They were also playing them on our college channel one time and I taped 2 of them. A few people I was friends with (including Elliot) were in them, and I just thought they were all around good work. Besides the sometimes bad acting, I was impressed. My old buddy Goo (Raghu) asked me to go to one of Ralph's film premieres sophomore year because he had a pretty big part in one of them and so I went. It was one of the coolest things I've done in college, mostly because I'm such a film geek. Besides, at the time I had a crush on one of Ralph's favorite actors to use, Mike, who I've talked about in previous bloggings.

God damn I'm long winded tonight...anyway so Ralph is on myspace, and he's in all these pictures with people like Kevin Smith, Ed McMahon, etc and it's really cool. Two of the films he made, Warm Milk and Warm Milk 2, which were the films Goo was in, were made by Ralph into web comics and along with his other films reside at www.warmmilkcomics.com. If you went to Geneseo, check it out, you may see some familiar faces. Anyone else just check it out anyway (trying to help him out with some free advertising).

Seeing Goo and Mike and all the other people I know from Brodie and my classes on that site brought me back again. I know I bitch about how I miss Geneseo all the time, but I really do. Greatest time of your life is right.

Now some disclaimers so Mr. Andrew doesn't get upset:
1: No, I do not want you to become a director/actor, I love you for the computer nerd you are
2: No, I do not still have a crush on Mike, nor do I have one on Ralph.
3: I may miss Geneseo but that doesn't mean I want to go back there again and I'm having great times right now too.

Comments

Erica said…
are you really offended? :(

I was mostly joking too you know!

: )
rorytmeadows said…
the sex last week was worth the risk

thanks for a good night
rorytmeadows said…
oh wait this isn't andrew's blog, is it
Anonymous said…
be nice to your freaking girlfriend you asshole

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections