I've turned into my father

So my dad is a hippie. Full out, drug growing (though not anymore I swear...I don't want anymore helicopters in my yard), long hair wearing, original Woodstock attending, police hating hippie. I think all of my friends and acquaintances can back me up on that one.

I am not a hippie, however I just took a personality test (I can't stop with these stupid tests now) and this is what it told me (with a side picture of a hippie guy looking oddly like my father holding a flower):

You are a Guru!
(Submissive Extroverted Abstract Feeler)
You are a
GURU (SEAF)— kind, knowing, giving. Like Buddha of old, you can be a persuasive
speaker, and you use your creative talents to further the objectives of your
heart instead of your mind. But be careful that your friends don't take
advantage of your relaxed nature.
Above all, you like going with the flow.
That's cool. Oh yeah, you like to talk a lot. That's cool, too. Whatever.


Then if that isn't bad enough (and mostly just like me), it goes on to tell me that 99% of people are more thinking than me. Not thinking as in I'm not smart, but as in I put my heart first and they put their heads first. Stupid hippie father giving me his stupid hippie genes.

That's not all either. I went to the mall today with Mr. Joseph and at FYE there is a huge clearance part of the store. We had a ton of time so we looked through some cds and movies in that section. I ended up buying a "Blues Rock" cd with old bluesy tunes on it. (Only because it was 88 cents) I thought I would listen to it once, probably not like it, and give it to my brother because he's into blues music, but I ended up liking a lot of the stuff on it. My dad loves that old harmonica/ 3 chord piano shit and now apparently I don't mind it either.

Okay this paragraph is NOT about my father, before you think I'm a freakin weirdo (too late...). At FYE I also bought the VHS movie Lolita on sale for $1.88. It's on my list, so I thought since it was cheaper to buy it than to rent it, I'd just get it. Oh yeah, my list...I have this book called "1001 movies you must see before you die" and since I doubt I'll see the 800 films I haven't seen yet in that book, I picked out 80 that I definitely want to see, and Lolita is on it.

So this film was directed by Stanley Kubrick, always a good sign, and it's about pedophilia, another good sign. Apparently this guy marries a lady to get to her 14 year old daughter, who he is obsessed with. It is based on a book that is basically banned everywhere, and though Kubrick changed the age of the girl from 12 to 14, he didn't change much else about the book. I look forward to watching it, I love controversial films.

Apparently my old favorite tv show is still on the air. I thought they did away with it, but I guess it was just that I hadn't been watching tv at the time they were playing the show. I'm sure I've talked about it before, it's on TLC and it's called "A Perfect Proposal" (see, stupid 20% female thing, I'm still girly in some ways). Although Andrew freaked out tonight when I told him about the show, I don't watch it with the hopes that I will get proposed to anytime soon, I just think it's cute and romantic in general. I love things where guys declare their love for girls in cute ways. I could care less about women who do the same though (on tv or movies). I especially like surprises, so this show is great for me. The guy today proposed to his girlfriend by first making her pick up trash on the highway (it fit, believe me) then she was supposedly picked to unveil this billboard about keeping the highways clean, but when she pulled the cord it was really a huge proposal billboard and she was totally shocked. Awww.

The best show was when the viewer was supposed to be watching this one guy propose to his girlfriend at a restaurant, but it was all a huge setup and they were actors helping a waiter at the restaurant propose to his girlfriend (a waitress) who thought she was just helping the other couple out. It was a complete surprise to even the people watching the show and it was awesome.

Sooo girly. Okay I'll stop now. It really is a good show though, seriously. :-/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections