Movin' On Up

And growin' on up...I'm gonna be moving out AND living with a boy. How crazy is that? It's been a whirlwind week, I'll say that much.

Wednesday I got off work at 6 am, went to Andrew's house to sleep for a little bit while he went to work, then he got home and at 1:00 pm we went to look at apartments. Here's the rundown:

1: Clearview Farms: looked at two bedroom townhouses....not sure why though because that's waaaay too much space for us little people. Liked the loft look though, pretty cool.

2: Riverton Knolls: A bit haughty-taughty (wtf, is that even a word? Well you know what I mean). I did like it though, it has like 3 swimming pools and a tennis court, a little pond with ducks, and blah blah. The awesome thing is that you get a washing machine and a dryer in your apartment, not the building, the apartment. The crappy thing is that we could only afford one bedroom and we needed a bit more space.

3: Westbrooke Commons: It was just....okay. Nothing spectacular. She showed us a kind of dirty apartment and then just kept talking about getting an "upgraded" apartment. Well why didn't she SHOW US an upgraded apartment? They seemed okay, just not "wow" enough.

4: Clayton Arms: We got there and maintenance guys told us the office was closed for awhile. We looked around the place and thought....eh we don't want to live here anyway. So we left.

5: Winton Village: The office is actually a model of a two bedroom apartment. We looked around there and then I got in a "fight" (what I call a fight is just me raising my voice a tiny bit at someone then backing down because I dislike confrontation) with the office person because she wouldn't let me see any of the 1 bedroom apartments and told me they never show apartments like that. So we just grabbed an application and left.

6: Henrietta Highlands: Never actually got there because we were really tired and had heard that it wasn't the greatest place anyway.

Soooo.....we chose between Clearview, Riverton, and Winton. There were pros and cons about all of them, most to do with space and money. So we went with Winton. Though we didn't see an apartment, they seem realllly good with keeping things clean and nice. Also we get a den which will be amazingly awesome to throw Andrew's computers and whatnot into.

Sooooo we decided this on wednesday, I filled out the application and brought it in on thursday. The same lady was there and was a hell of a lot nicer to me when she saw that I had money in my hands. At first she told me I needed a notary to sign it, then she asked about my credit and if I had a full time job then she said she might be able to process it without the notary. I get a call 10 minutes later from her. I think "oh god we're not approved, we need a notary...and whatever else could go wrong" but no she says "you're all set! I just need you to sign the lease and it's yours!"

Woohoo!

So today we both went, read over the lease, signed it, and went on our merry ways.

Does apartment hunting/obtaining usually happen that fast? Jesus I'm still recovering from the shock. AND she told me today that two other people called after we did about the 1 bedroom with a den apartment (she only had one left) and it's OURS. Hahaha suckers.

Comments

rorytmeadows said…
how is moving out with a boy moving on up/growing up? i don't see the ties with responsibility
Erica said…
Well I see moving in with someone you could *possibly* spend the rest of your life with as part of growing up.

The whole "movin on up" thing was just a joke about that Jeffersons tv show.

Not sure if that actually answered your questions....

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections