Poeticism-ness

I think I just made an adjective into a noun then made another noun from the previous noun in one hyphenated word. Interesting.

-- I know what you're thinking, I am crazy sleep deprived blogging girl again, and I've had caffeine.

-- Yes, yes I am crazy odd vocabulary using sleep deprived girl, but no, I didn't have much caffeine tonight (just some hot cocoa 4 hours ago)

I went to Mike's tonight to eat a wonderfully made dinner courtesy of Alex and to play what ended up being a very odd game of Monopoly. I had to leave for work shortly after the Monopoly game was over and when I started to drive away I fell into this contemplative mood.

It was as if every little thing had meaning. Maybe it was the song on the radio, maybe it was the time of night, maybe it was the weather, maybe it's my time of the month to be contemplative, I don't know. I drove on the overpass of 490 on Monroe and watched as four orange "Don't Walk" signs flashed in unison. It seemed like they were doing it to the beat of the song, flashing for me. I drove down Goodman and when I reached the curving part before Highland it started snowing, or the snow started falling from the trees. I was surrounded by trees and staring at the snow and then it was gone again. Not the feeling, but the snow. It disappeared as soon as it came. I can't explain it, but it was a great moment.

I don't know why I'm feeling like this tonight, but the pensive mood is still surrounding me. I feel artsy, like my creative juices are flowing and I want to compose more music or sketch. But I always have these feelings when I can't do anything about them. I'm at work and by the time I get home I'll be ready for bed. Then I'll get up, go to work again, and forget I ever felt like this. I'll just have to wait for the urge to come over me again and hopefully I'll be around something I can utilize, other than this blog, which is handily always here for me to vent to.

I don't know, maybe it's the new relationship. Maybe when someone starts over again they feel like everything is new and beautiful and can be made into a work of art. Maybe I'm just a silly girl who wants to live in a movie. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic right now. *Sigh* All I know is that I'm happy (and bouncy) and it feels incredible.

Comments

Susan Osborne said…
were you high? are you high now? cause that what it sounds like. I'm worried about you Erica... dope is a drug... if you need help I'm here.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections