Awkward....

.....ya know, I don't feel really, truly, awkward very often, but right now, it's on. Andrew and girl # 38 of the "after Erica" girls are in the den, which is now his bedroom. There is no door, so I can't be mad at them for being in there, but I KNOW they want me to not be in the living room where I am right now but I'm a stubborn girl when I want to be, and I fucking want to be in the living room right now so that's where I am. They can whisper and giggle and groan when I turn on my computer music all they want.

I'm also putting up a fight because I don't see how he can bring over anyone he wants whenever he wants and expect me to just go somewhere without any previous knowledge of this person coming over. PLUS I'm not allowed to bring Mike over. Well, to be fair, I'm allowed, but if Andrew is home he will "punch him and then kick him while he's down." Well....Andrew is always home when I am home. So screw him right now.

Anyway, my rant is over for now, I'm sure it'll continue again at a later date. So last night Mike and I celebrated Valentine's Day. We're going strong, to be sure. I seriously struggle to find anything wrong with him, and so I am wary of our situation, because it just seems too perfect. But I'm going full force with it because it's well....amazing, to use the word I use constantly to describe him.

So he cooked (from scratch) a lasagna, made a salad, bought the best wine I've ever had, and we had cheesecake for dessert. This was at his house, of course, which I love going to because, first of all, the attic is the coolest attic ever, and secondly, his housemates/friends are awesome too. So anyway I made a zucchini bread for him and another one for his friends, brought those over, we ate dinner, and.....relaxed for awhile....then watched Mirrormask.

Mirrormask, to do a slight film review, because I haven't done one in forever, is just visually stunning. From what I hear, a very famous comic book writer and his illustrator colleague were behind a lot of this film, and you can tell. It's very like Labyrinth, the greatest 80s movie with muppets that exists. However instead of muppets, this film has CGI created creatures, which can go either way. The muppet things were actually...ya know...real. The CGI things are obviously not, but they can make them more interesting looking that way. The dialogue was witty and interesting, and the storyline, although a tad dull, was well played out. I didn't recognize anyone in the film except the mother, who was in Notting Hill briefly. I did appreciate the nod to Oedipus Rex, one of my favorite Greek myths.

So if you are an artist or creatively minded, check out this film. Or...if you're high. Yeah that would work too.

After the movie I was getting sleepy (probably too much wine) so we went to bed and that was that.

It was a great time though, and who wouldn't want to spend time with a guy who can change from a British accent to Cockney to Scottish to Irish in a matter of minutes and have them actually be passable.

:-)

Comments

Erica said…
1: I said she could come over whenever, that is true, but I felt as if you wanted me to leave and were just not telling me and making fun of me instead. So if you bring her over and want me to leave, just know that it probably won't happen, since there are ample days/nights when I won't be around during the week and the days when I want to be in the livingroom, I will be.

2: If you are planning on living here til the end of our lease, there's no way that I am not ever bringing Mike over, regardless of what you believe happened at the time of our breakup.

3: I didn't talk to you last night because it wasn't a problem at first, and she was over and I didn't want to be rude.

4: Sorry again for saying all this in a public forum, but you made the comment and I'm only responding.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections