Mama Mia!

We had an Italian lady in our lab this morning. I knew this not based on her name, but based on the fact that she was the loudest, most talkative person we've had in the lab since....the last Italian lady. She wore a lot of makeup, did her hair up with hairspray, and was very expressive, oh and she ate a ton for breakfast. AND this was at 4:45 AM.

Now it could be tricky, because Jewish women tend to be similar, but I know an Italian when I see one. Instead of recoiling about the fact that stereotypical people are alive and well in our society, I find it kind of nice to see people like that. Maybe just because I'm Italian and I find it fun to be a part of a stereotype, even though I doubt I'm stereotypical (besides the outgoing and loving food thing....and being proud to be Italian, which God knows is rampant in the culture).

Anyway, what I'm saying is....actually I don't really know what I'm saying, I'm half cocked off of sleep deprivation and I'm doing my "use odd words and ramble" thing again. I guess I just find it fascinating that cultural differences still exist in America, we're not all just clones like the media wants us to be.

Kay I'm done, another hour, another subject to tear electrodes off of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections