On the way to recovery

So....I lost 6 pounds last week. (Catharine please don't kill me) I really had absolutely no intention of doing that, I don't have body dysmorphic disorder and I know that I'm a small girl.

I couldn't help it though. I bet I've written about this before, probably before I started going out with Pat and with Andrew, namely. It never got this bad though, because both of those times I was surrounded by other people who practically force fed me. This time I had...Andrew. Who now really could care less about me or what I do. So for a week I ate one meal a day.

Oh you probably want to know WHY this happens at odd times. Well it happens when I really like someone and we're on the cusp of dating, or I know that they like me too, or we've just started dating. Well all of these things were true in the past week, and that's why it happened. But don't worry, I've started on the road to recovery. I gained a whole new appetite today, a very ravenous one in fact, and I believe it was because of the great and wonderful festivities of last night, which I'll explain later.

Well I did eat a huge lunch, but dinner had to wait because of my shift hours. Soooo I almost passed out at work tonight....that's always fun. :-/ Good thing all we have in the lab are cheese slices and popcorn. So me being the cheese freak I am, I ate 4 pieces of cheese. But I felt much better, and that's the part that counts.

Tomorrow I'll eat more, I promise!

Well before I discuss last night, I suppose I should backtrack a bit for the romantics out there who haven't heard this story yet (which with my mouth is probably nobody). So I had a crush from afar in college. His name was Mike, and I wrote about him in here and in crazy/beautiful, more than once. I worked at Brodie, the performing arts building at Geneseo, and over time I got to know all the students that hung out there a lot. Well I love to watch people, so some of the students didn't actually know ME, but I knew of them. Mike was in that category, but because of his just overall adorable-ness and the fact that he's an actor and we allll know how I feel about those actors, I developed a crush from afar.

So, although we had only spoken a few times in college, I happened to have also seen a few student films he had done, and I went to an improv show of his once. Actually now I vaguely remember walking out of the show at the end (we walked out with the performers because my friend Goo was in it) and Mike being there and me struggling to find something to say to him to get his attention. I probably ended up just saying nothing and that was that.

Okay weird digression but I JUST remembered that. Anyway so fast-forward to last October when I randomly messaged him on myspace and told him I used to like him (as I am fond of doing to people, usually with no expectation that anything will come of it, I feel like if someone liked me at some point it would be fun to know about it. ) So instead of him being like "okay....random" and blowing me off, we actually started messaging each other a lot and I really looked forward to talking to him. So for a few months this went on, and then I REALLY looked forward to talking to him, and Andrew noticed and knew he had reason for concern.

So....I was to never speak to Mike again. But.....one day passed and I got a little depressed, two days passed and I got even more sad, I just felt like something was missing. So I told Andrew that I really had to talk to him, there really was no way around it. This actually happened twice, and I was fully expecting Mike to say "fuck this" to the whole situation. But he didn't. Which is good.

So we talked more and more, we talked on IM occasionally, then we talked on IM just about every day. In the meantime my relationship was going downhill fast, and I really don't know what the exact cause of it was, but I'm sure this had something to do with it.

Last week, obviously, we broke up. This week, I am dating Mike. Sounds super fast, when you read it like that, but it doesn't seem too fast because of the sheer amount of time I spent talking to him before this. And no it's not a rebound, I don't think the rebound rule applies when it's somebody you've liked before.

ANYWAY Jesus I'm rambling, so friday we went out, as I already have said. Saturday we talked on the phone for a long ass time, and Sunday we went out to brunch, which I knew would be great. Sunday night was the Superbowl, and since Sue ignored me I figured she was spending it in Geneva. Maura was too tired to hang out, and really those things just gave me the excuse I needed to go to Mike's and watch it. Which was really fun. You get some funny people in a room together, and damn, seriously I was laughing all night.

So Mike was man enough to watch Grey's Anatomy with me after the Superbowl, which was really cool, and he should continue to watch it because it's a great show! Then we cuddled together on a couch for awhile before succombing to our urges to have a makeout party. Yeah that's the cheesiest thing I probably have ever said but it's pretty much true. And awesome. And scary. I mean this is like my Geneseo equivalent of Hugh Jackman and we're...together-ish. It scares me sometimes that a crush of mine isn't just a crush anymore, but mostly it's really amazing.

And I love the fact that he's totally into me :-D

Okay before you people think (A) that I'm being horrendously mean to Andrew by even writing about this and (B) I'm really annoying because I'm talking all romantical, I just want to say....

(A) Andrew is dating multiple women. Who I'm sure are very attractive and amazing.
(B) It's just so cute though, I mean seriously.

Okay it's f-ing late and I need to have a very serious chat with Michael (boss Michael) about not being an ass tomorrow. So...g'night.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Geneseo equivalent of Hugh Jackman?!" Geez. Thats simultaneously the nicest compliment I've ever gotten and the biggest thing to live up to EVER. Guess I'd better work on getting some diamond-hard abs and adamantium claws...although someone said that they were just special effects. But I don't believe 'em!
Susan Osborne said…
I was ignoring you, cause you blew me off to hang out with Mike, in case you forgot. Try not to make me out to be the villan.
Erica said…
LOL Mike, you don't have to be Hugh Jackman, it was just a favorite actor person who is really attractive analogy. But you can try if you want.... ;-)

And no offense Sue, but I really needed to make plans and it didn't seem like you wanted to come up anyway. I mean if you were gonna wait around til the last second to see what Robert was doing I had a right to do what I did. And I could have blown you off friday but I didn't!!!

Don't be mad :( I love you Susana!
Susan Osborne said…
I asked you to wait to see if it was snowing, I wasn't gonna come up if it was, which I think is a reasonable request. No one needs to make plans to watch a game 24 hours in advance unless reservations are involved. I just had a problem with you writing that it "gave me the excuse I needed to go to Mike's and watch it". You made plans to go watch it with him before I ever ignored you. You should have just said "Sue, I want to watch the game with Mike". It would have been a lot more honest, but whatever, it's over and done with.

Thanks for sparing me and not blowing me off Friday. It was very big of you.

P.S. I do love you Erica, but regardless of how many women Andrew is dating, I do think it's still a tad inconsiderate to be writing what you are. If you care about him, you would understand that. The reason being, Andrew probably wasn't pursuing or even talking to any of those women he is "dating" now, during your relationship with him. It's also very doubtful that any of those women "had something to do with" the demise of your relationship the way that you and Mike talking did. No one thinks Mike is a rebound guy. They think he's the guy you left Andrew for. Which in itself is a hurtful situation. I'm sorry to bring this out in the public forum that is your blog, but I was just really upset reading it. I hope you are right and that because Andrew is also dating he is in fact fine, but I think you might need to KNOW those things before you publicize the "cuteness" of your budding romance. I want you to be happy and if Mike can make you that then I am 100% supportive, you know that. It just feels too soon...

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections