Back to School (and a short story)

First of all, I just read this story on msn.com and thought it was hilarious....this one goes out to Erin:

In September, after law enforcement officers in North Carolina spotted a reportedly stolen ambulance and chased it through three counties until forcing it into a ditch north of Greensboro, they found the driver to be mohawk-hairstyled Leon Hollimon Jr., 37, who is not a medical professional but was wearing a stethoscope and with latex gloves in his pocket. Strapped to a gurney in the back was a dead six-point deer, and according to witnesses cited by the Florida Times-Union newspaper (Hollimon is from Jacksonville, Fla.), an intravenous line was attached to it and a defibrillator had been used. [Florida Times-Union, 9-28-05]

People are soooo weird.

OKAY! On to my next topic.

I went back to school today. Of course the minute I got there I started thinking of every memory I possibly ever could have from that place and got all nostalgic again. First I went to Brodie, where I plopped my stuff down in Lori's office as I did every day for 4 years. I said hi to Lori and Pat and a few others, then we went to lunch on Main Street and caught up. I went back down to Brodie with the ladies and hung out in Lori's office for awhile.

I heard the familiar sounds of Dr. Stanley in the hall and when she came into the office she just stopped and kinda stared at me and then smiled this HUGE smile and was like "what are you doing here??!!" I was just like "DR. STANLEY!!!!!!!!" all crazy b/c I'm pretty much in love with her (there's just some lesbians that I can't help but to want to be around all the time, it's kinda strange). We talked a little bit but like always she was in a hurry and had to go give lessons or something. But she came back in twice and we talked some more. She was seriously the nicest professor in the entire world: she let me take 6 semesters of lessons from her even though I wasn't any kind of music major/minor, she gave me 10 dollars to start a bank account on campus once so I could cash a check, and even the name of my blog comes from her.

Anyway...so I practiced piano for awhile, then hung out some more in Lori's office, randomly meeting Dan or "Piv" who was just sitting at the table with me and decided he'd like to ask me a thousand questions about myself. He was super nice though. Marisa and Devin were there in and out, Marisa is exactly the same manic little Italian girl and Devin is still busy busy busy. I miss both of them, too.

After Lori closed up shop I went down to Sturges for the talks I was doing. Luckily Luke Sworts was doing them too (he was in classes with me before) and so I had someone to talk to. It made me feel less nervous. The discussions went really well anyway, I talked about my job, my plans, my salary (by the way I make more than 3 of the other speakers, oh yeeaaah) and I even cracked a few jokes. By the end of it I wasn't nervous at all and I was just spouting off information whenever there was a chance for me to talk.

I'm very glad I agreed to do the talks, I got to see a lot of people, got to meet a few new people, got to practice my public speaking skills (always in need of a tune up) and got to feel like a student again. *Sigh*

And now I'm at work, very very tired from being on campus from 12-7, oh and I'm on my way to having a full blown cough and cold. Ugh. Good thing there are no more runs til monday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about the onset of your cold, but I'm glad your presentation went well!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections