Is it time for bed yet?

Sooooo tired. I've gotten out of the habit of working overnights and now I realize how annoying they can be. I don't know if other people do this, but when I get really tired but can't fall asleep for fear of losing my job, I start subconsciously thinking about my bed, laying in my bed, pulling the big soft comforter around me, and just drifting away. Mmmm that would be nice.....but then I snap out of it and look at the clock and see that I still have 4 more hours to work until that daydream will become a reality. Most of the people I work with sleep before they come in to work the 1 am to 9 am shift, but I don't do that. Maybe I should, but how the hell am I supposed to fall asleep at like 10 pm? It's not gonna happen. I don't go to bed before 12:30...EVER. So I guess I'll have to live with it.

The lady that is sleeping in our lab tonight happens to be a journalist who has published articles in The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/05/magazine/05MEMORY.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=62b57a0fbf76ee67&ex=1259989200&partner=rssnyt) and also writes for "O" magazine. She is currently writing a book for HarperCollins about memory loss in midlife and is including a chapter on sleep. Soooo she came to our lab and was a guinea pig, and will subsequently write about it in her book. I'm gonna try to say memorable things so maybe she'll put me in :-) I read the aforementioned article (the link), and she seems like a very good writer. I think I'll buy her book when it comes out.

I've been trying to decide whether to get my hair cut short (AGAIN) or to keep growing it like I have been. I even went so far as to measure my face to see what shape I had. I'm still not sure what shape face I have, nor what hair style would look best on me, but I really don't like my hair the way it is now. I either want it to grow really long really fast, or I'm gonna have to break down and get it cut. I have no patience for my hair, since it refuses to grow at a natural rate, instead preferring to grow about 2 inches a year. I'm sure I'll just do something drastic on a whim like I always do.

I decided tonight to jump into something big. Kinda scary but really exciting at the same time, I have confidence it'll be a good thing. What is this thing, you ask? I don't really feel like sharing the news at the moment but it'll come out eventually.

Comments

Erica said…
Hmmm I'm not sure if you're priveledged enough to know ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections