what did I get myself into.....

So we're starting up a new study in approximately a week in which we'll probably enroll 45 people, if not more. We also have two cancer studies, two pain studies, and two insomnia studies running at this time. This means basically all of April is booked up already with runs. This means I will most likely be working overnight 5 nights a week for the next few months. I think few people know how really annoying it is to work that many overnights in a short period of time. It fucks me up bad and by the 5th night I can't think straight.

Adding to this is the fact that Andrew has horrific amounts of school work these next few months so has no free time (apparently software engineering is a demanding field or something :-P) AND we need to find an apartment by June. Yes, we are moving in together. Yes, we are living in sin as Sue's parents say. At least by June we'll actually get to see each other on a regular basis.

So....this sucks. But if I can get through at least April and May, I think June-August are gonna be really fun. AND I get paid a dollar extra an hour for overnight shifts....cha-ching!

In other news, I received a flyer in the handle of my car door tonight. It reads:

Excite
Explore
Experiment
Book an In-Home
Passion
Party

Whoever put that on my door knows me, knows me well, that's all I'll say.

I got a digital camera last weekend when I went home for Easter. (Side note: I broke up with Pat on Easter last year...though this was mid-april....still strange to think about) Anyway it was a birthday present from my mom and it's a cute little Nikon Coolpix (4 megapixels). The flash gets annoying but the pics come out really nice. Now all I need is a new computer so I can actually put them up on here.

I'm gonna be 23 on monday.....I think I know now why people start dreading birthdays, I feel so old. At least I can still look forward to being able to get a break on car insurance....?

Last but not least...hahaha HA to Blockbuster. A little while back I posted that Blockbuster is "pulling the wool over everyone's eyes" with their new keep the movie as long as you want campaign. Well look who is getting sued by 47 states, oh yeah. Take that assholes.

Comments

Erica said…
Actually my family is coming up to have dinner with me at Arigato sunday night (the 3rd), that's about all the time I'll spend with them...and you're invited by the way.

I figure I can at least have dinner with you or hang out with you somewhat on monday...yes...no...maybe?
Anonymous said…
You can also look forward to being able to rent a car when you turn 25....random thought but happy early birthday!
rorytmeadows said…
you really should leave your name when you post comments
Erica said…
Umm I always leave my name on your site. I haven't posted a comment since forever ago.

If you saw that an anonymous comment came from my work IP, it wasn't from me, it was from a co-worker.

I'll always tell you when it's me commenting.
Joseph said…
I got the impression he was talking about the "anonymous comment" above his....eh?
Erica said…
No, I don't think he was. But the context would make it seem like that I guess

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections