Well that one was scary...this one shouldn't be.

I'm not sure where I left off with the events stuff but let's go to wednesday night, because it was a lot of fun. I only had to work til 8 which is kinda strange for my schedule, but it was cool. I came home and got a call from Adam asking if we could do game night with him and some friends. I was like "Sure!" I had nothing to do that night anyway.

So at first him and Ben come over and after some debating we play Scene It...my favorite game that I haven't lost yet. (I dare ya to challenge me) It was basically between me and Ben but Angela and Adam had some good ones too. Anyway after that some other friends of Adam's came over, we did some shots of Jager (ewwwwww) and played a game of hilarious beer pong in which me and Ben were on a team and had team conferences behind a curtain to build morale. We still lost (my fault I'm sure). So after that me, Angela, and Ben get a brilliant idea to rollerblade drunk at 2:30 in the morning. Now....Angela had to wake up at 6:30 for work and me and Ben were supposed to wake up at 7 to go swimming at 8. But we went out anyway and ended up on the playground (I told you this was gonna happen). I found out it's much more difficult to do playground activities like going down a slide when you're wearing rollerblades. I also found out that apparently there is no sport or game that Ben is not adept at, since he spent some insane amount of years playing hockey and can rollerblade like a pro.

After we got home Angela went to bed and me and Ben stayed up talking and text messaging each other (I don't know, we were drunk). After about an hour and a half, it was like 4:30 in the morning and I figured maybe some sleep would be a good idea. Ben is an extremely easy guy to talk to though, so I didn't even really notice that it was that late. So he left and I went to bed and tried to wake up in the morning, but since I slept like 2 hours, it was pretty impossible and I fell back asleep til 12:30. I kinda pinky swore to Ben that I'd go swimming but sleep is a very powerful thing.

So thursday nothing much happened. I went to work, then after work I went with Doug, Angel, and Barb to The Distillery for some drinks/food. Cindy joined us there which was cool too. Our waiter was semi-cute in a metro way with really spikey hair but he was funny. He just kept talking about getting drunk and going to the mall and buying watches. (you probably had to be there). Doug and Barb were getting mad though because he talked so much that he didn't bring us anything we asked for. I don't know if it was an interaction of beer and tiredness that night or what, but I was kinda depressed driving home. I had Aimee Mann (Magnolia) in the cd player at that time and her rendition of One is really pretty, but depressing, so that didn't help.

Today I was feeling a lot better, especially since I got my ass up out of bed early (like 8:00!) and went swimming with the boys and Angela (the boys being Ben and Adam). I know I keep talking about Ben doing things better than other people but seriously this kid is crazy...he ran like 4 miles then swam another almost mile in the pool today. I could barely do 10 laps in like an hour and a mile is 62 laps. So after that we got some breakfast, with the waitress asking Ben if he'd like some sex and him answering that he'd just like the omelette he ordered (she meant 65 cents but it came out very wrong).

After breakfast me and Angela went to the mall and barely had time to do anything. Old Navy was crowded as hell but I managed to get a shirt and sandals, and then I went to Circuit City where I promptly bought a 300 dollar digital camcorder. It's so cute and small, and I can turn it into a still picture taker thingy if I buy a memory card. (obviously I sound like I know exactly what I'm talking about with my expensive buy). The guy that sold it to me was the same one that sold me my router a little while ago. Apparently he's new at the store and it shows. Every time I talk to him he either drops something or loses something or something else goes wrong. Today I was an hour late for work because all this stuff kept going wrong. I did get a free tripod and 2 liter of mountain dew though. I'm so overtired and an odd thing happens to me when I overtired. At about mid-day I start getting witty. It doesn't last too long but it was when I was at the store and I was cracking this guy up the whole time, it was great. He was kinda cute and kept asking me stuff about myself but he's too blond. I brought the camera to work and had Doug inspect it. He says it seems cool, so I'm happy about that since he seems to know a lot about electronics. I messed with it tonight taking videos of Angela and Maura and it was really cool, I'm happy with it.

Okay time for a weird aside...today the lit review was talking about REM sleep and the functions it serves. And apparently if we have recurring dreams or things in dreams throughout a long period of time they must be important to us, even if we think they aren't. So I was trying to think and the only thing I can come up with is that I have dreams about this one kid that I went to high school with. Actually I went to school with him since about kindergarten but anyway it's really strange because I STILL dream about him and I have no idea why. They aren't sexual dreams but they are more frequent than they need to be and it's so weird. I talked to him in middle school pretty frequently I guess, and I "went out" with him in middle school too if you could really say that since we both were not even interested in each other and it lasted for like a week. But somehow something about him must be associated with something about me and I don't know what it is. It drives me crazy because I want to know why I dream about him. I kept dream journals for 3 years from 99-02 (end of 99, I'm not stupid) and when I have time and am really bored I'm gonna count how many he was in.

Actually it is kinda strange because I remember in 5th grade our desks got put together, in about 6th grade a teacher picked names out of hats of people to dance with each other and ours got picked together, and in 12th grade we also got picked out of a hat to be partners for some weird church thing. I think there might have been some more in there too but I don't really remember. Anyway it probably means nothing and now someone he knows is gonna read this and think I'm just totally insane but whatever, I want to stop dreaming about the guy already.

I know this is long enough but since this blog is narcissistic enough already I'm gonna make it even more so and add old dreams at the end of some blogs, since I have these books right in front of me and everything. Some are really interesting. Anyway here's one:

Jan 12th, 2002
I was watching the movie Species, but it wasn't like the normal movie, it was one where these little bug-alien things travel in sacs full of a clear liquid through space to earth. They lose their sacs once they find a human and latch onto the bones in their spinal chord. Kevin Spacey was in the movie, and so was some other actor I can't remember. The actor was eating a candy bar and shooing flies away. The candy bar meant the alien things couldn't get him. Then I woke up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections