I have this whole blog entry written down on pieces of paper because I was struck by a frenzy of writing a few nights ago and I want to enter it into this blog. I was going to do it last night but I had a very busy night and did not have time so I'll do it later tonight. Now that that is explained I'm gonna quickly chronicle some fun events that have happened lately.

Friday I worked only a few hours, then had to leave to meet people for the East End Fest. I went with Angela and her friend Lindsay, and met up with Maura and Chris (and other Chris for like 2 minutes). I also saw Charles and Joe Petro there but didn't talk to them too much. We basically just walked around drinking and eating and seeing random people we knew, but it was fun. Maura and Chris left early to see a movie so me, Angela, and Lindsday went to The Jungle. There weren't too many people there but I DID get to see Gabe who I haven't seen since a long time ago. God he's skinny. Anyway Charles kept calling so I had to go outside to see what he wanted, and he said it would be fun to hang out at our apt. So we went home, met Charles, Joe Petro, his girlfriend, and an Italian guy named Martino at our place, and we all played Kings. It was fun and I got to practice European kisses.

Saturday afternoon me, Angela, and Lindsay went to Charlie's Frog Pond for breakfast, which was really good like always. Then we went to Park Leigh (where I bought my second movie journal...I have way too many journals) and then Linsday left. Barb was having a get together at her house that night so I bought stuff for brownies and made them in a muffin pan to bring over there. I got there and was having a good time sitting by the fire and eating and talking, but my phone rang like 30 times so I felt like I was annoying. My mom called, Doug called, Pat called, Lauren called...and nobody normally ever calls me. I found out that Pat's brother lives not even a block from me...greeeaat that would have been much more helpful when we were still together since he wouldn't even let Pat talk to me the other night. I also found out from Barb's husband that marashino cherries left in whiskey for over a year do not taste like cherries anymore, only whiskey.

So I left Barb's place reluctantly around 9:30 b/c I was having a good time, but people were planning on coming to my place so I had to go. Maura, Doug, and Charles came over, and Lauren was supposed to, but I have no idea what happened to her. I'm really glad Doug came over, I hardly ever get to hang out with him outside of work and he's a really cool guy. We played Catchphrase and funny antics involving backdoors and Hugh Jackman occurred. Then Doug left (forgetting his BEER by the way--I'm not gonna drink that dark stuff buddy) and the rest of us went to A Street. I had a pretty good time, Charles was pissed the whole time for a reason I didn't have any idea of until after we left the bar, and Angela was sleepy. I saw this guy that works at the copy center at Strong that I used to see there all the time and now I see him out all the time. So I went up to him and started talking to him about work and stuff. He was being really nice but I realized that he was talking to the (male) bartender more than me. So after that lightbulb went off in my head I just kinda backed away slowly. We left the bar and just went home (after Charles got his portabomb) and crashed.

Sunday I went home to Geneva for Father's Day. I got to see my grandparents and we played some games, I had a lot of fun. Then at night I hung out with Joe and we watched a very good movie that I'd never seen before (and which in the next entry will be explained).

Yesterday I got home to a note on my computer saying that Adam (Emily's brother who is moving in here instead of her) and his friends had gone to buy stuff to make dinner for me and Angela. So they get home and start cooking, and within a half hour produce pork chops, mashed potatoes that were NOT potatoes but cauliflower and REALLY good, lasagna, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I had not ever had a real meal at the apt yet and it was AWESOME. One of his friends, Ben (who is semi-reminiscient of Ben Affleck but don't tell him that, he gets mad), is totally into movies like I am so obviously we got along. I gave him my number so he could call us later and we would go out with him and his friends, so he called around 10 and said he'd pick us up and we'd go to the Blue Room. It was great because it was a monday and there weren't many people around except his friends, who were all really nice. One of them, Jesse, is also hot but I didn't mention this fact to Ben. We played darts and I was on Jesse's team and we kicked ass but didn't win b/c Ben is amazing at them and always wins. We did some shots for this Dave guy's birthday, we played some photohunt, then we left. Ben came back to our place and played Scattergories with us then bought us some ice cream and we made a pizza. I ended up watched The Iron Chef with him until 4 in the morning, then I was too exhausted to stay awake so he left. Adam came home somewhere in that time also but he was just kinda being quiet.

Okay that brings me pretty much up to speed, I'm off to work and will have the other "blog" entry up here later.

Comments

Sophia said…
wow. You have lots of friends

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections