Here we go again:

Monday

Woke up extremely late from staying up until 5 in the morning, me and Catharine hurried and got all dressed to attend the conference again. We met up with the rest of the gals, but Catharine and Angel decided to actually talk to the reps (pfft) while me and Erin wanted the free stuff. So we walked around taking some pens here, some silly putty there, a tape measure, a cell phone holder for a car....some cool stuff. As I was about to leave, over my shoulder I hear a "Erica??" I turn around and it's Angie's Uncle Mark, who I was looking for at the conference since I arrived there. He's a PhD in neuroscience or something and used to work at the lab I work at, but he teaches/works at Brown now. I talked to him for awhile, he stole some pens from me, and we parted ways. I hadn't seen him since my graduation from high school 4 years ago. It was cool to see him again.
After that was a free dinner at a Symposium about insomnia that was pretty boring, but the dinner was good. Salad, then chicken and mushrooms, then cheesecake.

After dinner we all went up to the hotel room to start drinking again. We randomly decided to go to a bar called "Liquid" and when we got there it was early. There was practically nobody in there and the people that were in there were breakdancing on their heads in the middle of the dance floor. A few other people arrived, and I saw a guy that I thought was soooooo hot. Apparently everyone else thought so too but the only people that went over to talk to him were Angel and Catharine who both have boyfriends. I tried to bust my way in but they were crowding me out so I went over to talk to his friend that was sporting a shirt that read "God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't take over the world." He was blonde and not as cute but I was like "at least I have a guy to myself". He told me about his shirt and somehow it got mentioned that he knew Stuart from the other night and he was like "he sucks at soccer!" which I found amusing.

Well shortly after that we left the bar, after taking pics with Jason (the extremely hot one) and Jed (the Irish shirt one). It was still kinda early but people wanted to try to find a different bar. We ended up just going home and I had a very interesting cab ride with Erin and Mike G. We got back to the hotel and ordered food and watched The Banger Sisters. I found out that I should be making more money (about 4 dollars more an hour) and that's about it for interesting things that night, b/c once again, I was too sleepy to function.

Tuesday

We had to be checked out by noon, so me and Catharine got all our stuff together (minus her ripped jeans from the night before, which she left as a present to the cleaning crew) and headed down to the lobby. We got a treat when we got to talk to Joey again, and he hit on Charcy some more saying "anything else you'd like to see before you leave?" Good thing he's so hot, otherwise he'd be pretty scummy.

Before we actually left, we walked around a park and some expensive shopping areas. A place called "Stilettos" sells 1000 dollar shoes...wow. Then we came back, hopped in the van, and were off to find Geno's for Philly cheesesteaks. We finally found it after asking many people who don't speak english for directions. Since Catharine and Erin are vegitarians, they vacated the premises and me, Barb, Angel, and Charcy ate there. The food was good, the pics of celebrities were better (obsessed, I know). Apparently Justin Timberlake is a big fan of the place.

After our cheesesteaks we made the long journey home. I actually thought it would be a good idea to go out AGAIN once I got home, making it the 5th night in a row that I'd been drinking. I also had forgotten to eat dinner so when I went with Sjene and her friends to RJ's (local gay bar) I got pretty hammered pretty quickly. I had a fun time at the bar, I was talking to her friend Laura and playing pool with her most of the time. Sjene was acting kinda strangely but I was drunk and didn't really know what was going on. The bar was closing and I was STILL drunk but refused to let anyone drive me home so Sjene and Laura stayed outside on some grassy knoll with me til I sobered up.

Well...before that happened we were approached by some butch lesbians. One of them, the butchiest looking one, said "okay who is the straight one here" I raised my hand and she was like "have you ever been to this place?" I of course, am always at gay bars in rochester so I told her I'd been there a few times, star bar, muthers...etc. She was like "why have you never kissed a girl?" I was drunk and just shrugged, so she actually started kissing me!!! It was weird and I was just kinda dumbfounded, and Sjene was like "that shouldn't even count, she was more like a boy than a girl anyway."

So after that odd experience sobered me up, Sjene and Laura decided to come actually hang out at my apartment with me for a little while. They ended up falling asleep and spending the night, but not before we made some mean mozzarella sticks and ate them..mmm...

So yeah that was my hectic weekend/post weekend stuff...you can also find other stuff about the trip that I might have forgotten at Catharine's blog: www.catharinedevlin.blogspot.com

Oh and since Doug advertises for my blog in his...here is his address too: www.dougcacialli.org

Comments

Sophia said…
Thanks for the plug. Jason WAS hot, sorry, didn't know I was crowding you out, I was INEBRIATED! Good for you, you always wanted to kiss a girl!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections