Okay is everyone ready for the strange randomness that popped into my head last sunday night? Well here it is, unchanged from the original:

I am Jack's strange but poignant blog entry

I watched Fight Club for the first time tonight (see above reference). It was very strange at the end, but I absolutely loved it up until about two thirds of the way through. Multiple people told me *DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT COULD OF HAPPENED BUT DIDN'T* that it was all a dream but that isn't true! Why the fuck would they say that? Anyway...David Fincher must be some sort of genius, he did The Game and of course Se7en...if you haven't seen them you must. He needs to direct more often.

Before I get into my rant: I came home from Joe's tonight, got out of my car, and just looked up at the sky. Being in Rochester doesn't do much for stargazing but in Geneva it is an amazing night for looking at the stars. If I could bring my Rochester friends to my Geneva house and just have them look up...it's a great sight.

Tonight I feel introspective. I love to write, I have an online journal, a paper journal, a day to day happenings paper journal, and 2 film journals. So yeah I like to write. However, I write meaningless shit. I write about events in my life. I want to try to get more into what I am thinking and how I view myself in the world.

This starts now.
I believe that I may have some sort of syndrome where I constantly need to experience new things. This scares me. I get sick of things way to easily, but I don't mean in a no-attention span sort of way. I can watch a movie or read a book for 3 hours and not even notice. No, I mean that I eat a certain food for a few weeks, if I'm lucky, a few months, then get sick of it and find something new. My music tastes and cd compilations vary so much that it's insane. I have one cd with Alien Ant Farm's Smooth Criminal, Mack the Knife, Lil Kim's How Many Licks, Lincoln Park's One Step Closer, Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors, and Louis Prima's Angelina. This is how all my cds are. This is how they have to be. I've had jobs ranging from ice cream girl to pharmacy girl to copy girl to planting cabbage and counting moths girl to sleep tech girl. I have many different groups of friends, and nobody but me will ever understand how different they are from one another. I love meeting new people, and I can't keep a boyfriend around because the last 2 serious relationships I've had, I've dumped them because I guess they were just worn out. This scares me because I feel like I'll never get married. Is everyone else like this too but they just deal with it better than me? I don't know, maybe I should try to settle down and grow the fuck up.

Where did all this come from tonight? Watching Fight Club I wanted to either punch someone in the face, burn my own hand, or start smoking (again). I get so deeply involved in each random movie I see that I want it to be a part of my life. It doesn't matter if it's Tyler Durden or Jack Callahan, or Bud White coming into my life (and good job if you got those references), I want to experience everything. Does this make any sense? I'm scribbling on a notepad in my childhood bedroom and it's 1:50 AM, so probably not. Once I transfer this to the computer I'll probably erase half of it for fear of being ridiculed for a) talking about myself too much and/or b) not making any fucking sense.

Whatever. Fuck it. I'm trying to say that word more often. Like smoking, I think it's hot to say the word fuck. Maybe I'm just a badass rebel at heart (it would explain 7th grade).

I'm still gonna write about stuff that happens in my life, but sometimes I want to stop to point out something important like this, or at least important to me.

Goodnight.

Comments

Joseph said…
Use "fuck" all you want, as long as you're not a belligerent drunk at the time...
Sometimes Mary said…
Found this entry highly entertaining. Had moments like that myself. Some times, after having drunk too many tequilas, I become fascinated by the sound of breaking glass; then I rush up to the kitchen counter, grab another piece and throw it to the floor just to hear the sound again. I'd get into all sorts of trouble like this. But there's something about inebriation that makes some acts of stupidity sublime. Hahah. But I blather. Thanks for the read.
Susan Osborne said…
Start smoking again? When did you ever smoke? You so crazy... I think I wanna have your baby
Erica said…
1: I like saying fuck when I'm drunk and I'm sorry that I tend to direct it at you...in a not good way, but I still love you!

2: Thanks for the comment, I've never had a comment from a user I didn't know, and it was entertaining

3: 7th-9th grade, I quit cold turkey...I never told you that?

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections