When Harry Met Sally Syndrome

So Andrew and I were conversing last night, surprising since usually we're doing two different things in two different rooms all night, but we manage to have discussions about things before bed.

Anyway, from previous conversations I had last night with Doug and Mike, I was thinking about "game". So I'm not sure really how it started, but I stated that I thought I had good game with getting guys to want to date me, which is much harder than getting them to want sex. So Andrew responds that girls can't really have game. According to him, every guy wants to have sex all the time, and even if you get a guy to want to date you, it's really the idea of having sex that attracted him in the first place. Now I'm perhaps overly romantic, at least in my head, and my idea of romance is someone secretly wanting to be with someone else for a long time and finally it comes out in a rush of emotion from both sides. (not that it's ever happened to me) The idea of the guy dreaming about only sex for that long just kinda ruins the idea.

Then of course he says that girls and guys can never be friends, aka my newly named "When Harry Met Sally Syndrome". I named it for him, because I've believed that guys and girls can be friends without other stuff. I also have about a million guy friends, only because guys are usually so much more laid back than girls. I've always prefered outside sports to makeup parties, and, again, no, I am not a lesbian.

So Andrew is telling me that all of my guy friends want to have sex with me. Which doesn't seem true, but then I think back and I notice that most of my guy friends have expressed interest in me at some point. And most guy friends that I believe don't want me I don't see very often or like Tim, Pete, and Davey in the ole college days, they were friends with my boyfriend and me by proxy.

So at the risk of sounding even more conceded than my other posts, I'm just wondering if what he says is true. He says girls have "two ladders", one for guy friends and one for interests. Guys don't have that. This is all according to him. I just want to know if it's true. And Joe, you don't count. Obviously.

Guys, leave comments! I know you people are stingy with your comments but you know I love them, so do it, dammit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that you forgot to mention that you only have TWO categories for people: either you think they are gay or you think they want you. LOL.
Erica said…
....or I want them. Which can go under either catagory.

Haha I forgot about that.

And I've never seen a comment from you before, Smang. I feel honored!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections