Reasons to be Happy

Not to be confused with Catharine's "Trying to be Positive" lists, because I'm not trying, I actually am pretty happy.

Well I'm better today than I was on wednesday at least. Maybe it's because I'm getting what I want now, maybe it's because the weather is nice and I have S.A.D., who knows, really.

So my current relationship situation is good, albeit very odd. Andrew not only isn't mad anymore, he actually wants me to talk to this guy, and was practically hitting on him himself yesterday. It sounds like overcompensation to me, but I'll go with it and see what happens. I'm pissed at my MSN horiscope and tarot reading though, for saying that I will get in a fight with Andrew on saturday because of my "lackluster relationship" and also saying that I will find happiness in a new friend/love interest. Stupid accurate horiscopes....

In other good news, they are dedicating a building in Geneva to my grandfather. Have I mentioned how AMAZING of a person he was? Not only is he getting posthumous awards from the president and the AARP, but now he's getting a building too. I went to his grave the other day for a visit, I don't know how many people regularly visit relatives' graves by themselves, but I feel like I should talk to him and then I start talking and then I'm just talking outloud in story-like paragraphs to myself and it feels REALLY WEIRD. (what an awkward sentence...but I refuse to change it) So I'm sitting there having a conversation with a gravestone, not even knowing if he can hear me or what, and it freaks me out, not because of the dead people, but because I'm talking to nothing, so I only spend about 3 minutes there usually.

Also, work was slow today AGAIN, and Charcy called to talk a little bit. She was driving to the Palmyra Town Hall and had no idea where it was, so I looked it up on mapquest for her and gave her directions for every step of the way (now you're going to go over some railroad tracks, here comes the Erie Canal...etc) and it was SO FUN. Maybe just because I was straining to find work to do, but I had a good time.

So of course I now believe I should work for On-Star. This will go away soon, as my past ideas of being a proofreader (which I would ROCK at) and an animal trainer have flown slowly away from me. As I've said in past blog entries, I blame my parents for my Eclecticity (yep that's the word I'm using). My dad worked in asbestos, construction, now he grows garlic and wants to open a skateboard shop. My mom was a secretary and now she works in a pharmacy and takes care of old ladies. I've worked in food service, pharmacy, farming, and now research. I love research though, I love theorizing randomly that most female piano players are lesbians or that people who do artwork will have a cool looking signature. So hopefully I'll stay in the research area for awhile. Random random random, I must be tired.

Well those are the things making me happy for today....oh yeah and I'm getting 8 extra hours on my next paycheck for not using my PTO time up (CHA CHING) so I'm super awesomely happy about that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections