A good question

Recently...as in last night....I was asked a question: how do you know when you love somebody? I had to think about it and I really don't know. Is there a prescribed amount of time that has to take place before someone falls in love, or can it be instantaneous? Is it going to always feel the same way or is it a different kind of love for a different person?

At work today I asked Angel the question I was asked and she said love is when you get a feeling from a person that you don't get from anyone else, you want to be with them all the time (but there is a difference between lust and love, she says, I have to MAKE THAT CLEAR). Okay now that I'm quoting her, she wants to say that she also believes in love at first sight. On a side note: I find love at first sight interesting because in all of my previous relationships (besides the one I'm in now) I reaaaally did not even think about the person in any romantic way and then kinda just did after awhile. I never put much stock into the whole love and first site thing, but I do think it happens.

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments on this matter, I know that nobody can really define something like love, but it's still interesting to think about. I'll leave you with two of my favorite quotes:

Love is something in between
What you believe and what you dream

The greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return

Comments

Anonymous said…
With me it was a slow process, I just felt that I didn't want to do any thing with anyone else except that one "certain girl". We both loved being together; movies, walks, dinner, etc.
Erica said…
Thanks for the comments...I really appreciate them (especially the 2nd one ;-)
Anonymous said…
Love is a warm gun
Sophia said…
There are a couple types of Romanitc love. There is passionate love and companionate love. At first, for the first few months, there is passionate love. You just want to bone all the time and stare at each other all goofy. Josh almost rear ended someone when we were doing the goofy stare at eachother thing. Passionate love is very exciting and keeps you up all night, and you get butterflys in your stomach everytime he calls. But that goes away, and the relationship falls apart or true love sets in. Those goofy stares and butterflys in your stomach go away, and you just feel genuine warmth for that person. I think that it is real love when you can say, "we know eachtoher inside and out, we have fought, and stayed together, there is no one else I would rather be with. Many times, I would rather hug him than do it. You discover new, nonsexual ways of being intimate with eachother," and you realize that the other person is your best friend. Thats how I know. I said I loved him when it was passionate love, but now I know the difference. You will just know, its not excited and queesy, its warm. Its when he will go out at 1 in the morning and get me medicine, and when he turns off the TV to be with me, and when he sneaks into the bathroom at the bar to call me. He is my best friend. Corny, but true.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections