Love and Marriage

Well these past few weeks have been very busy, and I'll stay pretty damn busy til the end of August. That's how summer usually goes though, and why it seems so short :(

Last friday I traveled down to Letchworth State Park with Katie to meet up with Maura and Shannon for Maura's wedding. It was beautiful down there, and we had a good time in the lodge the night before the wedding alternately drinking and trying to drink. See apparently 4 girls can't open Champaigne by themselves (see pictures).



After the Champaigne was FINALLY opened we drank and watched tv and had fun, but not too much fun because we had to wake up at 7 am to get ready for the hairdresser at 8 am at the Glen Iris.

I got some very pretty pictures of Maura getting ready...


and Katie has a picture of the hairdresser doing my hair. I really liked how my hair turned out. This is probably the best picture showing my hair, although you can also see up my nose...


We stayed in an upstairs living room type area until the wedding was about to start. I got to see Mike and my friends from college before the wedding, which was cool. They came up to see Maura and I in our little getting-ready room.

When it was time for us to walk down the aisle, I think I was more nervous than Maura was. I'm not really sure why, maybe because a bunch of people looking at me makes me nervous. I should take lessons from Mike on how to disregard a crowd.

I made it down there fine, and I must say, her and Chris couldn't have gotten married at a prettier spot (at least in the greater Rochester area). They were married right outside the Glen Iris, overlooking a giant waterfall. The day was beautiful, and the sun came out as they were saying their vows. When Maura first walked down and was handed off to Chris by her father, I actually choked up a little bit, but I got ahold of myself and was fine for the rest of the ceremony.

Here's some pictures from the ceremony (Mike took these):


After the very short Catholic ceremony (no, seriously) we had cocktails and such in a tent area outside while waiting for dinner. Dinner was very good, and I even got to dance a little with Mike afterwards. The whole day just seemed to go by way too fast for me. My dress came apart while dancing and would probably have falled off in the middle of the dance floor if I didn't have anything else to change into. So I changed and we left. But it was such a great time.

Here's some pics from after the ceremony: (The beautiful one of Maura and Chris was taken by Mike)


And just so you don't think Maura and Chris were the only beautiful couple there:


Sunday Mike came to Gorham (5 points to anyone who has any idea where that is) and met my dad's side of the family. Well...about two thirds of them. I tried to introduce him to all my dad's sisters and my cousins (the ones I care about) but he was lost from the start. *I* don't even know all my cousin's names on that side.

I did get to see Leah, who is looking pregnant as ever, and Maria, who I love to death. (in middle)

Oh and Leah is naming her baby "Atreau" after The Never Ending Story. Yeah. It was that or "Aslan" so I'm happy she went with what she did.

Monday Mike and I celebrated 6 months together. I thought it'd be fun to celebrate, even though it's not the biggest landmark ever, mostly because everything we have to celebrate is in the first few months of the year.

We had dinner at Mario's Via Abruzzi which was wonderful, then went to see Monster House in 3D (!) I haven't seen a movie in 3D since Boston back sophomore year of college. Needless to say, it was a great time. We got each other random presents and I made him a cake because of a bet that I lost. This is what it looked like when I was done with it:


Yeah, I'm a weirdo. Didja see my Christmas Cookie blog?

Anyway, Maura's wedding was a success, as was our anniversary, and I couldn't be happier. (Well I could be happier with work but that's a whooooole different story for a different time)...

Comments

Sophia said…
Wow, marriage and babies. I don't get it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections