I heart garlic

I have had crazy garlic cravings lately. It's pretty much all Mike's fault, because we got soft pretzels at the mall yesterday and he just HAD to give me a bite of his garlic pretzel, which I immediately thought was the best thing in the world. So after that I've been wanting garlic ever since. Today for lunch I got a buffalo chicken panini, with garlic bread on the side. I went to Marketplace today and wanted a garlic pretzel so bad, but got scared away from Auntie Ann's by the greasy foreign guy selling hand cream in the center aisle who kept trying to touch me. Tonight for dinner I made rotini with butter, cheese, and garlic. I'm not sure what important nutrient I'm lacking that garlic will fulfill for me, but that's usually how my cravings work, so it's keeping me healthy somehow to keep eating it.

Speaking of keeping me healthy, I have joined the U of R pool. It's 16$ a month for an Olympic sized pool that hardly ever gets used. I think that's an amazing deal, besides the fact that I NEVER want to work out unless it involves swimming. So I'm gonna be pretty buff in the next month or so, which is good. I bought a speedo from Dicks today, which cost me 4x the amount I usually pay for bathing suits, but I needed a one piece and for some odd reason, buying bathing suits at the end of August leaves me with a limited selection. A few years ago I got up to about 40 laps, about an hours worth of swimming at a time. I think for now I'm gonna have to start a little slower.

I've also found recently that I have some physical abnormalities popping up here and there. I'm getting bunions on my feet, which I've always known I would have because of my dad and grandmother. They aren't bad enough to be operated on, but I may have to have the operation later. If I put my feet together, my big toes form a V. Is that supposed to happen normally?

Then I finally decided to look up online what is going on with my mouth. See about 3 times in the last 6 months or so I've found weird yellow bits that seem like food in the back of my throat. I can't get them out on my own, so one time I took a Q tip and swabbed around back there, and the yellow stuff came out of my tonsil. Then a few nights ago I was doing it again and noticed that my tonsil has a "pocket" in it where that stuff gets stored. So I cleaned it all out, then went online and found that I must have "chronic cryptic tonsillitis". I've never had strept throat (except when it went along with my Mono) and my throat doesn't have any other strange problems, so I'm not sure if it's really a bad thing, besides all the extra bacteria that it stores. However the nurse practitioner that I work with has a different story. She looked in my mouth and told me that I should have both tonsils out immediately. I guess tonsils are supposed to desinigrate over time? I had no idea, but mine are definitely very visible. When I go see my GP again I'll ask him what he thinks I should do, but til then I'm not too worried.

The last thing I want to say is to all of you who don't know this story already, Stanford University wanted me to work there and tried to recruit me over this last week or so. They apparently found my resume online and just ballsily (that's balls-ily) called me at the lab. They wanted to pay me 60k a year plus a 5000$ relocation bonus, but I turned it down today. There were way too many cons and not enough pros to make me switch my whole life around and move 3000 miles away at the drop of a hat. So call me stupid for not doubling my salary and boosting my resume, but I think that I've made the right choice.

Comments

Susan Osborne said…
ok, not only am I grossed out by your bunions and nasty throat bacteria, but I'm pissed you don't have any pics up from Friday night. I'm thoroughly disappointed and completely sickened by your post.

P.S. You should have taken the job silly
Erica said…
I'm in a writing mood, I'll put the pics up within the week, I PROMISE.
Sophia said…
1. I get the yellow stiff in my tonsills to! No one ever knows what I am talking about.
2. I can't believe you didn't take the job. When else in your life will you ever be able to pick up and go, just like that? Not to mention getting a great salary that some people don't ever pull out of grad school. Crazy Erica.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections