I am at the University of Rochester library as we speak....(or as I type?) I decided to hang out with my buddy Sjene tonight and we're chillin here at the library before we head to a gay bar later. Actually I really need to eat a bacon mushroom melt from Wendy's, so we'll end up doing that before the bar. Let me just say that this library is really awesome. This is the first time I've been to the U of R campus (even though I technically work for U of R, my internship is at Strong) and it's really nice.

Let's see what's been going on lately....my weekend was not as good as it could have been since friday-saturday my body decided to try to kill me. I got a really bad cold friday, which turned into chills and a hugely annoying cough by saturday.

Friday night I decided to make the best of it and go out on the town. I was wearing a hot little outfit, courtesy of my strappy shoes and Maura's friend's black tank top, so I was feeling pretty good about myself. So I was drinking pretty heavily in the room, then we went and got Emily (my old suitemate) and we all went to the IB to drink some more. I saw Jason George at the IB and decided to harass him about not knowing that he knows me. I kept saying, "SERIOUSLY I used to hang out with you when you were like 4, you used to come to my house." and he would just laugh. At least he didn't make me dance with him like his brother did. Me and Pat left the IB after that to go to Kelly's, where I ordered a shot of SoCo and lime. Any drink at Kelly's has 3x as much alcohol than anywhere else, so my shot was the size of a small drinking cup. Pat got worried about me drinking all of it and ended up drinking it anyway, but I was pretty far gone. One bit of advice: when you're sick, don't get really drunk. Because the next day I felt like SHIT all day. I didn't even want to walk around, I just wanted to sleep all day.

So because of that, I didn't want to drink saturday night. Pat wasn't supposed to drink anyway b/c they were gonna have a big rugby game the next day, but that ended up getting cancelled. So we went to pizza hut where we got a free pizza b/c the girl put the wrong one in the oven....it's a good thing it was free b/c someone in Pat's house got really drunk and ate all the leftovers that night. After Pizza Hut we went to see Johnny Depp in Once Upon a Time in Mexico. The movie was okay....definitely an action movie, but I enjoy Johnny anyway so I had a good time. We went home, and I fell asleep practically while Pat was still watching tv.

Sunday I felt a lot better, which was good b/c I was concerned about being able to hang out with Nene tonight. But here I am, and I still have an old man hacking cough, but it's not too bad.

In other random news, I'm still stuck on the fact that John Ritter died. Johnny Cash, okay he was old and his wife had already died. But John Ritter was really funny. He was also a voice in Flight of Dragons....a cartoon movie that probably only me and my brother have ever watched, but it's a really good movie (yeah, dork, I know).

Also, I don't know what I"m gonna do without Dr. Stanley when I graduate. I think I'll come back to the school to visit her or something. She's such an amazing person, I just want to take her around with me everywhere and have her meet all the people I know. That sounds weird but seriously, she's soooooo cool.

Ummm hmmm I probably have other things to say but I don't know right now. My grandpa is feeling a little better, he's started his chemo and he's gaining weight. I'm going to be in a cancer walk in october b/c I feel like I'm not doing enough for him. The walk was Dr. Stanley's idea, and she's getting different professors and stuff to do it. I'm tying to get some friends to go, but I don't know if they will.

Last thing: my internship is kinda boring right now but I think things will pick up later, which is why I've said nothing about it. I've been organizing files for a long time, but soon we'll start doing cooler things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections