Okay last week I went to the health center for an annual checkup so I can get my little pills, and the nurse practicionar lady was listening to my heart, lungs, etc with her stethoscope. Well apparently she heard something odd near my left kidney, so she had to go get a doctor, who also heard the same thing. They told me to go get an ultrasound b/c something was odd with the functioning of my aortic valve going into my kidney.

So today I went to get the ultrasound, all the while warning people that I was not pregnant when I told them where I was going. I got there and the nurse squirted this really hot gel onto my stomach and put a paddle on it. Then she found my kidney and it showed up on the screen, it was really cool. She took a few pictures of that, my other kidney, and my aorta, and then it was done. She said she didn't see any problem, but I might need a CAT scan just in case. Okay how many more unnecessary procedures am I gonna have? I think it's getting ridiculous (there ya go Joe), so I better actually have something wrong with me.

Other than that, I've been doing okay. Friday me and Pat were gonna go out to eat, and he told me to pick a place. I wanted to go to Fratelli's b/c we'd never been there, but he said we should go to the Olive Garden, a decision I was ecstatic about b/c I love that place, and he had always avoided it. So we went there and had a nice dinner, well he had a couple of dinners (never ending pasta bowl). I had the chicken castellina, which was a chicken and pasta dish with mushrooms, artechokes, and cheese sauce. It was really good.

After that we rented the movie Run Lola Run, which if you look waaaaay back in here I believe I wrote about before and loved it. Me and Pat ended up fighting about it b/c apparently it was "awful" and "it sucked." Okay buddy....whatever you think. We kinda got into a wrestling match over it and my housemates just thought we were going at it sexually.

Saturday I actually did some work, then drank and watched Footloose, which is a REALLY fun movie to drink to, b/c it's so corny and 80's, and "homoerotic" according to some people. So I had to drink whenever they said the words "music" or "dance" and I got through 2 beers (taking sips). Then I went to the bars in the rain with Angela and Maura, and found Drunky McDrunkdrunk (aka Pat) at Kelley's. I decided to take him home, since he couldn't even stand up, and let me tell you, it is hard to do. On the way home he fell a few times and his friend happened to be walking by and stopped to pick him up, which I was having problems doing. Pat has been really really consciencious about not drinking too much and doing his work and stuff this semester, and I think that is awesome, but when you're only drinking one night a week, you tend to make that a big night.

Well I didn't think I was very drunk, but apparently I was b/c when I got back to Pat's house I felt AWFUL. I felt so bad that I had to sleep on the couch in the livingroom all night. I think his friends thought we were in a fight or something, but I just needed to be close to the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

I finished a ton of work over the weekend, and my paper due date was pushed back a week and a half today, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. In a week I'll be stressed, but right now it's pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections