Today I am planning on adding a film studies minor to my psyc major. I've already taken 6 of the 18 credits needed, and I'll have 9 done by next semester. I love my current film class and would love to take more, and they just declared this a valid minor like 2 days ago, so I thought I'd go for it. Of course I don't know what good it's gonna do me in the real world.....I could psychoanalyze films for a living or something.

Speaking of film class, I watched the movie Easy Rider yesterday in that class. It was really good and reminded me totally of my dad. It's about these hippie like guys that ride motorcycles (well that's not like him) across the country in search of New Orleans. They have long hair and smoke pot, and it's basically one long road trip. Well when my dad was younger he had long hair, smoked pot, and drove from NY to California to randomly live in San Diego. I really have no point to this except that it's kinda cool how my dad was so totally involved with the now famous "free love" and whatever period of our history.

Oh and I guess I've been kinda making Pat out to seem like he's drunk 24-7 or something, well it seems like I'm doing that at least. It's just that when he's drunk all not-normal stuff happens so I write about it.

And I'm very excited to go home for Thanksgiving. I get to see my grandparents and cousins again. Since I missed the last 2 birthdays at my grandparent's house I've been wanting to go there for awhile. I also get to see Joe and Sue, who I've started missing more lately also. I wish I could see Angie, but I'm happy that she's going home to see her family, since she lives so far from them most of the time.

Okay that's it, I need lunch, I'm starving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections