Movie OCD and some pics

I really have a movie OCD problem. Seriously it's weird. Maybe it's not movies, it's lists, but I've turned it into movies. I love making lists (in my head, or on paper) then getting the stuff done that's on the list. I just really love lists in general anyway.

So I used to get things in the mail (a loooong time ago) that were advertisements for the movie club thing where you pay like 5 cents and get 20 movies or something stupid. Well these things listed all the movies that you could buy, and there were probably around 100 on there. I used to circle all the movies I'd seen, keep the ads, and when I saw another film that was on them, I'd circle that too. This happened over a series of probably 7 years and if I go sleep in my old bedroom even now I'll go look and circle more movies. This got so bad that now when I think of certain films I automatically think of the one next to it on the list. Like "Bridge on the River Kwai" makes me think of "My Fair Lady". Sad, so sad.

Well I'm mentioning this because I bought a movie book on my most recent trip to D.C. to see Angie, and the title is "1000 films you must see before you die." This book, combined with the fact that I have DVR now, means that if I find a movie on tv that is in this book, I will record it and watch it, no matter what. I highlight all the movies I've seen in the book and I'm only on about 250, so I have a long way to go. Last night I watched a German film from 1931 called "Das Testament De Dr. Mabuse" or something which actually was really good but STILL I believe myself to be insane.

In other news, I have some pics to share! These are mostly all from the wedding I just attended:

Angel, me, and Cindy (a little dark)


Charcy and Dave

The happy couple cutting one of their cakes

Oh yeah we know we're sexy


And these pics aren't from the wedding but I think they're hilarious....my dad's side of the family has kids like...all the time. They never stop having them and I think I've said before that my grandmother has 22 grandchildren and 36 great grandchildren. Yeah. So this is my brother getting attacked by random kids at my grandma's labor day party:



The little girl in front in the pink came up to me at the party and wanted to know who I was. Her mother is my first cousin so I guess we're second cousins? But her and probably the majority of the other kids under 10 have no idea who I am. (And vice-versa). At least I know I'm genetically fertile.

Comments

rorytmeadows said…
i really like short blonde girls like that one in the picture...how old...?
Erica said…
You mean Angel? She's 32 with kids but go for it if you want!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections