It's the movie blogging extravaganza!!

Now is the time I subject everyone to my favorite obsession...everything to do with movies. I made up some High Fidelity-ish lists for fun:

Top 5 Dramatic Films
1) The Usual Suspects
2) Seven
3) LA Confidential
4) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
5) The Godfather (I or II, they're both amazing)

Top 5 Comedies
1) Annie Hall
2) Some Like it Hot
3) Do Beetlejuice or Ghostbusters count here? Anyway they're good and funny
4) Zoolander
5) The Breakfast Club

Top 5 Romantic Films
1) While You Were Sleeping
2) Love Actually
3) Moulin Rouge
4) The Goodbye Girl
5) An Affair to Remember

Top 5 Action Films
1) The Princess Bride...because I have to fit it in somewhere
2) X-Men
3) Pirates of the Caribbean
4) City on Fire
5) The Matrix

Top 5 Foreign Films
1) Amelie
2) Seven Samauri/Rashoman (tie)
3) Chun King Express
4) The Rules of the Game
5) M

Top 5 Horror
1) The Shining
2) The Sixth Sense
3) Scream
4) Stir of Echoes
5) Friday the 13th

Top 5 Tearjerkers
(in order of how good they were)
1) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2) Life as a House
3) My Life
4) Titanic
5) Pay it Forward

Top 5 romantic quotes/things from movies I wish would happen to me

1) "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle over your nose when you're lookin at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to bed at night. And it's not because I'm lonely. And it's not because it's New Years Eve. I cam here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible!"
~When Harry Met Sally

2) -"What is she? She's..."
-"I'd say she gets under your skin as soon as you meet her. She drives you so nuts you don't know whether to hug her or, or just really arm wrestle her. She would go all the way to Europe just to get a stamp in her passport. I don't know if that amounts to insanity or just being really...likeable."
~While You Were Sleeping

3) ...."But for now, let me say/without any hope or agenda/just because it's Christmas/and at Christmas you tell the truth/to me you are perfect/and my wasted heart will love you/until you look like this/Merry Christmas"
~Love Actually (written on signs)

4) No quotes....but the bathroom/face mask part of The Goodbye Girl

5) The look Josh gives Cher when she's coming down the stairs in Clueless....priceless

I also STILL forgot to bring the list of films I want to see but haven't, so that'll be part 2 of my movie blogging extravaganza.

Comments

Sophia said…
why don't guye in real life say those things?

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections