I'm baaaaack

Ah, home again. I wish I was still on the island. This way I wouldn't have to come back to all this weird shit going on at work...also I wouldn't be at work all night after driving 7 hours earlier today. But all vacations have to end sometime. It was a very fun time, I knew it would be. I will probably forget half the shit that happened and shorten the other half, and it will still be really long and annoying, but just bear with me here.

Friday

Got to the Vineyard at about 7, then went to dinner with Angela (of course since she came with me), Sue, and Vikki. We went to The Wharf to eat, and subsequently went back when they turned it into a dance floor later on that night. They played some really good songs and I was drunk enough to actually dance to them. There was some guy there that I offhandedly mentioned to Sue was cute, so at some point during the night she went up to him and started talking to him. I wasn't even listening, and all of a sudden she was like "OH Erica studied film!" and pushed me into him. So I talked to him for a few minutes, found out that he went to Florida to study film stuff and is now going to Italy for a few months because he has family there. Of course this would be like...the perfect man for me but he wasn't that cute and he wasn't that funny, so off he went on his way. Some other guy came up and talked to us later, saying something about losing a bet so he had to wear a speedo all around the beach....who starts out with this story when you're picking up women? I don't know, it was funny but we were kinda just like....okay...

So we went to leave later that night and of course Kevin is driving cabs now, so he picked us up. This was the first time I'd seen him in a year (almost exactly), and he was all non-shaven and haggard from driving taxis all night, but he STILL looked amazing. Oh a quick recap....I met Kevin last summer, he is from Scotland and one of the best looking people I've ever met in my life. We flirted for a night, which shouldn't have happened because I loved and wanted to be with Pat then, and he ended up kissing me. I pushed him away (again because of Pat) but I can't say I wasn't attracted to him. I told Pat about this when it happened, and he was okay with it. So anyway here he is and I have no boyfriend anymore, but he's driving a taxi and we can't really hang out. So Sue decides to try to get us together regardless and goes "Here Erica, here is all our money!" and throws it at me and they all run out of the van. So it's me and him in there, I'm pretty drunk and attempting to give him quarters for a tip. Finally he convinced me to keep my quarters and I just got out of the van. We all went into Sue's and crashed there until the next morning when....

Saturday

Sue decided it would be interesting to get in an accident. Actually I shouldn't say that, because Sue feels REALLY bad about it, but what are ya gonna do? She accidentally rear-ended someone, and their car has nothing wrong with it, but her hood went up into a small V and has stayed that way ever since. Four of us girls were in the car on the way to breakfast when it happened. Sue didn't care so much except that it's gonna be so annoying to get fixed now. So we pretended like nothing happened and went to pick up Kevin, who was supposed to go to the diner with us. He was out at the beach (South Beach) already with some other people, so we all ate at the diner and went out to the beach. We got there and sat with some of Sue's friends, but Kevin wasn't there, he was out for a swim. We started laying down to get some sun when I see this guy coming from the water with a great tan and a great body to go with it. Of course...it's you know who. I could barely say hi. He smiled and just layed down on a towel. He didn't really talk much and left early, but it was still just awesome to be able to look at him.

After the beach we went home and watched 50 First Dates, which is not a bad movie. Then we went to dinner at Ciao Bella and I had this really awesome Chicken Francese with mozzarella sandwiches as an appetizer. We went back to Sue's and were gonna go out but just ended up watching Signs instead and going to bed.

Sunday

Sue had to work on sunday, so Vikki (who is currently living with Sue for the moment and is an AWESOME person) took us to State Beach in Oak Bluffs. This beach isn't as full of good looking young people as South Beach, it's more family style. BUT it had one redeeming quality...it had a bridge that people jump off of. I normally don't like heights but it was only 15 feet and little kids were doing it, so I figured I could do it. Vikki got it all on my videocamera too, so that's cool. Plus sometimes I just feel like I have to do something to say that I did it. It's like a resume for my life. If there is something interesting that I haven't done, I want to do it because I want to get everything I can out of life. Anyway, that was just a little aside...so Vikki and I both jumped, Angela...not so much because she was insanely sunburned from the day before, and the evil people that we are, we made her go out again the next day.

So after the beach we went shopping. I bought my mom a shirt because I felt guilty that I told her I didn't want her to come with me. I bought myself some really short black shorts that I will only be wearing when trying to pick someone up. I also bought....and don't laugh.....a Johnny Depp poster. Yeah, I'm 12 apparently. He is playing the piano and smoking a cigarette though, that's like...insanely hot. So I bought it. We then grabbed dinner and went back to Sue's to eat and get ready to go out again. We played some drinking games and then called a cab. Of course who was the driver but Kevin. I hopped in front because I knew it was the last time I was gonna see him for awhile (he was going to provincetown the next day) and when he dropped us off in town he gave me a big smile and waved bye. Ahhh....

So once out, we made a quick stop to David Ryans, which is the place to be in Edgartown, then on to the Karaoke Bar!! Sue gave us all these Blue Hawaiian shots which were amazing but made me want to throw up, then Sue, Angela, and I sang "I will survive" drunkenly. A girl came up to Angela and I and asked us to be backup Supremes with her, singing "Baby Baby...where did our love go?" and I love that song so I was like "yeah!" but sadly, it was almost closing time and we didn't have time to sing. I was pissed and so was the girl, so after last call we just sang the song on our own in the middle of the bar. We got a ride home from these guys, one of whom was Jamaican and was being really funny, then we just fell asleep.

Monday

Monday we went to the diner again, then shopping at Sheila Allen (awesome store) then back to Sue's to watch Awakenings, which made me want to go back to Geneseo to take more classes from Dr. Bazzett, or be a psychiatrist. We randomly didn't eat dinner, then went out to David Ryan's again.

We met up with 3 very attractive "Kiwis" there, Ben, Rupert, and Chris. I can't deal with another Ben in my life at the moment and Sue would probably kill me if I talked to Chris, so I was talking to Rupert for most of the time. Rupert, although he has a very non-attractive name, was probably the most attractive of all of them and we joked around for awhile about neither of us being able to dance. We were supposed to have a dance-off but it never happened. I also did something SO STUPID, he was outside smoking with Chris, and he offered me a cigarette and I just took it. I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 8 years!!! I smoked it anyway. Apparently it showed because I was trying to play it cool but the New Zealanders kept going "you hold that funny...you're funny." They were calling me crazy earlier. It's kinda bad when the outback people call YOU crazy. So I was drunk and buzzed off my cigarette, so I thought it'd be a good idea to kick over people's heads. Ben found that attractive and grabbed me and said "I'm taking this girl home tonight!" but then I ended up just talking to some random American guy about softball positions for like an hour. Weird.

Tuesday

Drove 6.5 hours back home, playing the "who would you rather do" game with Angela. We met up with Sarah Nicholmeister at Friendly's too which was cool because I barely ever have a chance to see her outside of school (she lives in Conn.)

That is about all the fun stuff fit to print about my weekend...it was fun times and I have a lot on videotape which is cool too. And I got to see Sue!!!! Oh yeah Blues Traveler were on our Ferry with us...too bad they were popular like 10 years ago.

Okay I think I'm getting carpal tunnel or something...goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections