Okay I might have all of what I'm gonna write deleted b/c this new template for postings is weird and I don't get it...oh well I'll try to make it work.

So I haven't written in a looooong time and so much has happened over the past 2 weeks and my life is about as crazy as I can handle right now.

I just want to say before I get into my craziness that I had an awesome time in DC with Angie and Joe. I got to see a lot of things I hadn't before, and Georgetown and Dupont Circle are both so cool. The first day we had a tour of where Angie works, which is where the senators have their offices. We ended up getting waved to by Robert Byrd, who is a pretty high up senator. We didn't get to see Hillary or Ted Kennedy though. (sigh) We also saw some sights, museums, went to a farmer's market, etc etc and I really want to tell about them all but I can't. Sunday we went to Dupont Circle and to this water fountain thing in the middle of the circle. Alllll these gay couples were there just chillin and it was so cool. I love the gay scene it seems so exciting and different. Oh yeah and on the plane trip TO Washington and on one of the Metros we were sitting right across from the brother of one of my good friends, it was very coincidental.

So besides that trip things in my life are pretty much out of whack. I got a new car, which I mentioned previously and which I am in love with. There's one problem: it's standard. I'm learning to drive it but I'm soooo impatient and just wish I could drive it NOW so it frustrates me.

The other thing which I'm really concerned about is that my grandfather is sick, really sick. He was absolutely fine until last tuesday when he unexpectedly had to go to the hospital and we didn't know why. Well we found out he has cancer in the pancreatic region, and he's in a lot of pain most of the time now. He was at home, but yesterday he had to be rushed back to the hospital b/c he was shaking and said he felt like thunder was going off in his head. So now he's in the hospital again. It's scary to me b/c he was just like an everyday staple of my life, and what if he dies? (he's expecting to, he's talking about a lottery with the grandchildren for his car) So I've been going to see him every day just so I can spend a little more time with him in case he does decide to leave the world. It's kinda sad though b/c he was just reinstated as Commander of the American Legion and he was a verrrry active person throughout Geneva. My grandma had to turn the phone off at their house b/c they were getting like 40 phone calls a day when people heard the news. He might get a lot better, who knows, but I just don't want to ever take anyone for granted.

Sorry to end on such a sad note...maybe I can think of something happy....I'm going out probably every day this weekend...? That won't be so happy on sunday when I'm dead but hey, it's July 4th, we have to celebrate.

I hope everyone has a sheboygan of a day (Joe? Yes? No?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections