I AM 21 YEARS OLD.

It's awesome. Well it's not like I buy alcohol every day now or something, but it's good to know that I won't have a problem getting into a bar ever again, and I don't have to sneak alcohol anywhere. Let's go back to the beginning....or at least thursday.

Thursday night at midnight (friday morning, whatever) was technically when I can get into the bars on my real ID, so I was gonna go have some fun with the girls. Well they started dropping like flies, which I knew would happen. My suitemates are a little less socially adept than I am, with the exception of Emily. She's way over my head most of the time. So Sara promised she was gonna go to the bar with me and Emily that night, but she was having all these problems about going away to New Jersey the next day, so she didn't go out. Me, Emily, and her friend from down the hall (Peter) went to 5-2 before the bar. The guys are always drinking there on thursday nights, so we decided to join them. Well Pat had told them that it was my birthday, so they wanted me to drink shots. I do not do shots. The last time I had vodka my head was spinning and I threw up 4 times during the night. So I was really afraid to drink any liquor. Of course they very persuasively got me to take one shot. It was really only a half shot, with the rest filled with orange juice. After I did that, I felt fine. There were no problems whatsoever, and they saw this. They were like, "oh she can take it!" so they gave me 2 more shots. So before midnight I'd had 3 shots and a beer. This is a lot for "2 beer queer" Erica. So we took a lot of funny pictures and it was fun.

Midnight rolled around and me, Pat, Emily, and Pete went to the bar. (A lot of times it's me, Pat, Emily, and Pete hanging out now) I saw my old friend Dave Felice and he wanted to buy me a shot. I persuaded him not to because I thought that would push me over the edge. So now he keeps telling me he owes me a shot. I also saw Jessica Williams, who every time I see her shouts "ERICA!!!!" really loudly and drunkenly and hugs me. I swear those two are at the bar every night. Anyway....we talked to some people, I saw Tim Hanley, (actually he came up behind me and scared me) and took some more pictures. I danced with Pat and Emily and Pete took pictures of us dancing. Me and Pat got tired at about 1:40 and decided to go back. He wasn't too drunk, he says b/c he had to keep an eye on me. I was pretty plastered. I had no hangover on friday though, and went to my 2 classes!

Friday was my actual birthday, and the weather had been horrible for all the night before and that day. But it was still fun. It's always good when your birthday is on a friday. I had to go to Erwin (one of the academic buildings) for something for work, and I got stopped there and asked to give an interview on tv (well Geneseo tv). I was like "okay!" and a girl just asked me a stupid question and had me answer it. So now at some point I'm gonna be on our campus network, but I don't know when.

So after I got back from class and work, Pat came over and we hung out for a little bit, then went to dinner. He took me to Villa Carlo and I had chicken fettucine alfredo. It was excellent. We shared a raspberry cheesecake for dessert which was also reaaally good. After that we went to see Phone Booth with Colin Farrell (mmmm) It was a short movie, but overall pretty good. I think I could have written a better ending, but that's okay. After that we stopped back at his place for a little while and hung out with some lacrosse guys. There was a rugby party up the street, and we went up there and stayed for approximately 5 minutes. I knew only one of the guys there, and I was the ONLY girl there (out of like 20 people) So we left and went to get some beer and hang out at his house. We drove up to the gas station and Pat had me buy beer with his money, so I could do it for the first time. We just went back to his house and drank with his housemates and other lacrosse players. We were gonna go to the Vital and get me a free birthday mug, but the weather was horrible and we were both tired. I didn't end up getting very drunk, I think b/c I drank so much the night before.

Saturday was the aftermath of the huge ice storm. My parents were supposed to come take me to lunch, but Geneva was in a state of emergency or something and they couldn't leave. Geneseo didn't get hit too bad, but Pat's rugby game was cancelled anyway. I think he really was looking forward to playing, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been that great in such bad weather. I just went back to my room saturday afternoon and just relaaaaxed. I didn't do any work, and I played some games on addictinggames.com (never go there, it is evil) Pat came over after drinking heavily very late that night. He came at about 3:00 but it was really 4:00 b/c of daylight savings time. We played a rousing game of street fighter in which I kicked his ass (his excuse was that he was drunk...pffffft) and went to bed around 4:30.

Sunday I tried to do some work, but still didn't get much accomplished. I was still recovering from earlier that weekend. I wanted to go to the Olive Garden for my birthday with my suitemates, and we went on sunday. It was all of us except Becky, and Sara's friends Dan and Joe. I had a really good time, and ate a really lot of food. (Breadsticks, salad, stuffed mushrooms, chicken ravioli with pesto sauce, chocolate cake, and chocolate raspberry cheesecake...not to mention a glass of wine which made me giggly) Of course I didn't pay for any of this, so it was awesome. The waiter thought I was insane, I'm sure, but I didn't care. Maybe he just thought I was drunk. Sunday night I drew Pat for my art homework, and Angela drew Emily. Emily came out looking like a monkey and Pat came out looking like a convict. I think every face drawing I do turns out like that. So apparently I need to be a police sketch artist?

Anyway, last night I was happy b/c I got a 5 page paper done in no time, and Syracuse won the basketball championship! I'm also ahead on my work for today, so everything is awesome. Ooooh mail is here, time to do some actual work at my job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections