I had an internship interview on thursday last week. I think it went a little worse than it could have gone, but not totally horrible. He told me that my interests in psychology are a lot different than the other people that usually want internships, so it might be difficult for me to be in the seminar that I have to be in. In the seminar I have to tell the people what I'm doing at my internship and listen to them say what they are doing. Most people want to work with kids or schools or something, but I want to work with the more physical side of psychology. I like neurology and behavioral psychology, so I told him I wanted to work in the U of R Sleep Research Lab. He seemed kind of put out that I want to do something different but he said he'd still help me, so hopefully it'll happen.

I am currently at Joe Perry's household in Geneva, New York. Last night was the start of my spring break (but you can also say it started on thursday night b/c I skipped my one friday class.) So last night I went to Naz and then Angie drove us down to Ithaca to see Joe.

We didn't do too much last night, we just sat around and had a few drinks and played computer games. We went to The Commons for dinner and since it was friday and I'm trying to practice the no meat thing, I had some white pizza and just cheese pizza. I had some cotton candy ice cream for dessert...mmmmm. I made Joe and Angie listen to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviezuk 3875 times because I'm in love with that song. I almost cry every time I hear it, and yet I want to hear it all the time.

Anyway, today we got up and around pretty late (Joe and Angie stayed up talking about state capitals all night while I fell alseep in the midst of it. I think I was like "Olympia...." then boom, I was out.) So today we went to The Commons again (I could live at that place) and just shopped around a little and ate lunch. Then we drove back to Geneva and went to The Outlet Mall for only like 10 minutes. Now I'm waiting for Joe to get out of the shower, and Angie is already on her way back to Naz, where we will be tonight.

Tonight there's gonna be some heavy drinking and some funny dancing, so I'm excited. This week I'm going to the mall with my mom to FINALLY do some clothes shopping, since I haven't bought one new piece of clothing since before Christmas. I want to get my hair cut too, so all that will be on the agenda for this week. I'm glad I get a week to kind of unwind and do nothing, it'll be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections