another haphazard update

Well, I want to update, I really do. However, I am in Geneva only for about another half hour for another free meal courtesy of Marilyn Howard, then I'm going to my apt quickly and to Mike's for the night, so while she is preparing I will write what I can now.

So...things in my life are going much better than they were a few months ago. Andrew and I are on speaking terms (barely, but politely). Elizabeth is even talking to me, which is a good thing since she's at my apt every single day. It's very strange, it's like a switch turned off in my head back in January and I only see Andrew as a roommate. I also now am not concerned with what Andrew thinks about Mike, however of Mike's own volition he won't be visiting my current apt. Which is less awkward all around, it just sucks because I feel like I go over there and use up all his resources all the time. But I had a chance to pay him and his housemates back a bit the other night, so that made me feel better.

Ah yes the other night. Friday it was. Mike, Brian, Alex, and I went to see Inherit the Wind at Geva (after eating a funderful Dinosaur BBQ meal). We all dressed up and walked the streets of downtown Rochester, it felt like I was a socialite and it was pretty cool. The play was good, it was too bad that I knew everything that was gonna happen beforehand, but it's still a greatly written script. I love the dialogue and not to completely copy Mike's blog entry but I really liked the main actor as well, I noticed the difference in his acting style compared to the others right off the bat, BEFORE Mike said anything, thankyouverymuch.

Saturday I used Mike's expertise in electronics to my advantage in getting a kick ass stereo system for my car. Which couldn't have come at a better time since I had to drive to geneva twice last week and was really getting sick of the radio. Then I came here, to Geneva, to hang out with Joe, Sue, Steph/Brian (married people get slashes in my book), and Stacey. For some reason I wanted liquor instead of beer and thought it would be just peachy to buy a little 50 ml bottle of Absolute Vodka, Lime Vodka, and Tequila Rose. I drank all of them before we went out, which equaled about 5 shots (albeit some less potent than others) and, of course, Erica does something ridiculous because she's drunk. (Just like last week but I won't even go into THAT situation). So I start yelling at Sue and crying because I want her to come up to Rochester one night, then I start crying at the tv, then I say that my Tequila Rose tastes like "Yahoo" which is neither Yoohoo or chocolate so that got a big laugh as well. Retardedness....

We went out, I got progressively less drunk (thank god) but progressively more hungry, and forced Sue to stop and get food somewhere. She picked McDonalds so at 2:30 am I got fries and chicken mcnuggets. Mmmmm heart attack.

I prided myself for only calling Mike once last night, and spending the majority of the time just trying to have fun with my friends. Joe got sad at the end of the night though and instead of cheering him up I just kept telling him to move on. I guess the nice person in me can just go so far with something until I snap. So, Joe, if you even remember any of our conversations, sorry if I was too harsh.

I did randomly get hit on by a kid I haven't talked to since grade school. All he said was that he wanted to buy me a stronger drink but I'm pretty sure what that meant. He also tried to hit on Sue but she was drunk and kept accusing him of trying to steal her purse, which was hilarious.

That's about it for the weekend, I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for dinner with a pretty cat named Whiskers on my lap, and I've just watched Walk the Line with my mom. Great movie, 2 hours went by like nothing, and now I have every Johnny Cash song ever written in my head. Orrrr just the ones from the film.

This week I'm working like crazy, so I'll have some overnight time to talk about more interesting things than updates, like how I'm obsessed with the Cosby Show right now or I feel super old for saying "I remember back when cars used to have ash trays."

But all that will have to wait, since I really would like to eat and run so I can get stuff done tonight. (which translates to "I want to see Mike for longer", hey I don't kid myself). Soooo more later in the week, people.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gawd you're post makes me want to throw up. So much mush! Oh wait, its about me... and oh double wait, I did the same thing with MY blog today, too. *sigh* Neeever mind...
Joseph said…
who hit on you and sue? where was i? why do i always seem to be drunker than i think i really am?

and no, i don't remember our conversation. i do remember talking in my kitchen while we had the mcdonald's...i don't remember what about though really. so all of your "just move on" efforts were a lost cause!

ps did we see abby michaels last night or was that a dream i had? anything's possible lately...
Susan Osborne said…
what Joe, I can't get hit on? you say it with such an unbelieving tone. How dare you! I too am unbelieving though, since I don't entirely remember that...

Erica, you left out the part where you were crying saying "Why is Prince releasing songs!?"

Also, there is the part of the night when Joe was banging on the bathroom wall and it banged back.
Erica said…
Mike--No no no, your blog was even MORE mushy than mine. Not that I didn't enjoy it...

Joe--Marc Tapscott, and you are getting very forgetful lately. You probably don't remember saying "nothing matters" over and over, and yes I ran up and hugged Abby like always.

Sue-- Apparently Marc is a forgettable kid. And I thought I had said too many embarassing things about myself already but I did mention the "crying at the tv" thing.
Joseph said…
i do seem to forget a lot when i drink lately. i think that's a good thing....except for the getting randomly sad over nothing. that's gotta get the boot.

i was banging on a wall?

let's keep commenting here about everything that happened that night.
Sophia said…
I can't wait until next time I'm home so we can have more drunken antics!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections