a sexy art review and some updates

.

So you're supposed to download this program that will upload pictures to a predetermined location online then this program will put them into your blog for you....but I found a way to cut out the middle man and just post pics myself. Sweet. Maybe I'll actually post a pic of myself after this.

Anyway this is a famous photograph by Pamela Hanson. It's called "Bis". Arick had a creativity workshop (which was really awesome) and he had us take a closer look at this picture. It was interesting, because half of the people in the room though the guy was looking coldly, almost angrily at the woman, and half the people thought he was looking at her like he wants her. Well she's sitting in front of a mirror with her legs open so obviously I just thought he wanted her.
Arick also pointed out that the girl has a bandaid on her hand, and there are papers on the table the guy could be looking at. Furthermore, they're in a hotel room, have they just met and maybe had a one night stand? Have they been together for a long time? It's all very interesting.

I tried to look up what the photographer was thinking when she took this pic, but I couldn't find out anything except that she likes to take pics of girls in seductive yet innocent poses. Maybe the bandaid was part of the innocent thing? I don't know. Any other thoughts on this, any art critics out there?

Now for some updates:

1: I never realized how much I took my old phone for granted. My mom lovingly spilled tea on it and it died a horrible corrosion filled death, so I got a new one from the insurance company. My new phone dies after about 24 hours of not charging and it doesn't get service ANYWHERE. So I am getting a second new phone tomorrow. It better fucking work right.

2: I am now the only full time tech at the lab. I don't like this, I am going to get all the responsibility for everything now and if something goes wrong whose fault is it gonna be? Yeah I'm the most senior member of the new team of techs coming on so I'm supposed to know everything. Besides that, I'm gonna miss Barb and Angel :( (and I already miss Catharine) Grrr stupid job politics.

3: I am moving in 2 days. AHHHHHHHHHH. I am getting internet/tv in 6 days. WTF AM I GONNA DO FOR 4 DAYS? I think Andrew and I are both gonna live at his house til tuesday because he is a freak for the internet and I am a freak for tv. Sad.

4: I got reimbursed for my Philadelphia trip last June!! I thought I'd never get the money back. I am now 360 dollars richer. Guess where that money is going? A plane ticket to the great state of California to meet Andrew's family in August. At least it's a good cause.

Okay I'm done. Let's see if the picture thing will work:



Woohoo! Okay this isn't Andrew, this is my best friend Joe. He is a kiss whore when he's drunk (hahaha). I really need to get some new pics uploaded somewhere though, I'm sick of all my old ones online. Plus Joe and I are all over each other in every pic I have, so I should probably post pics of Andrew so people don't get confused. Well that will be at a later date.

*side note, I am wearing that same shirt right now*

Comments

Sophia said…
Once you get into your building, try tapping into someone elses unsecure wireless connection. I know people who went, like a year without an official hook-up

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections