The Californian's return, a lotta gayness, and movies

Tuesday, January 4th. Approximately 8:40 PM. He's baaaaaaaaaack. I wait at the B gate wearing a black sweater and a little white pleated skirt, with tall, tall, black boots. Hey, you gotta look good for this kind of thing. So I see him sauntering (yes I just said sauntering, it is almost 4 am) up the walkway and I just think "Woah this is weird" and then I notice I can't stop smiling, like at all. So I go up and greet him, with hug and kiss, and he's like "this is weird" so I know we're both thinking the same thing. It was like he was away for so long that it was just a little strange seeing each other again, Cindy describes the feeling as "new all over again." I guess that's how it was, new all over again. Anyway it was still great, even after we got to my car I couldn't stop smiling, and I know he was happy to see me too.....or at least my outfit.

So we go to his house and hang out a little, then Sue calls and says we should meet her, Joe, and this Lisa girl at RJ's. They hardly ever come up to Rochester and Andrew gave his consent to going, so we were off to my favorite gay bar. I'd been there many times, it was a first for the rest of them. So I start seeing all Sjene's friends and people from my bus when I was little, (Apparently I rode the bus with a lot of future gay people) and I talk to this guy that lives down the street from me, who swears he isn't gay but canNOT talk without flailing his hand gayly.

Well anyway it ended up being the weirdest night. I guess my sweater/skirt/boots combo was attractive not only to straight people, but to gay as well. Guys. Hmmm...kay. The first thing that happens when I get there is this guy wants to try on my red coat. Okay sure, flamer boy, you can try it on. He gives it back and I set it on the table. THEN some guy in a Gap t shirt comes over and is like "OMG I love you. I love your outfit so much you are great!" I'm like "thanks!" and whatever I dont' think anything of it. So I see him a few more times, and every time he's like "Seriously you look awesome. Can I be you? Can I just have that outfit?" I'm like "okay...." THEN I'm listening to Sue sing an awesome rendition of "Baby Got Back" (it was lesbian and karaoke night) and Gap boy comes over AGAIN and drags me outside. He's like "Okay I really want to hang out with you sometime. What's your name?" I tell him. He says "I went to school with an Erica and she got voted prettiest girl, and I think YOU are prettier!" Of course this butters me up so I let him give me his number so we can hang out, and then I tell him I have to go back in to listen to Sue. Weird.

So as this is going on, Joe finds his "soulmate" who, even after much prodding from Andrew, he does NOT talk to, my friends and BOYFRIEND concoct some strange plan involving Lisa kissing me, Sue gains fans by singing and having a dancer (Lisa), and then there's Andrew, who spills a whole cup of beer on Joe then ends up getting some guy's number (what??) He says "well I didn't know if he was one of those sensitive guys so I felt bad and took it" Okay whatever. One of Sjene's friends was flirting with me a little and gave me her screen name so I guess we're even? I talked to a few of Sjene's friends actually, but sadly, the lady was not out herself.

So after all the dancing and number exchanging, we all parted ways. Andrew was fucking housed by this time, I don't see him hugely drunk too often but for some reason he wanted a drink with a lot of alcohol and I told him to get a Long Island Iced Tea. He didn't think those had a lot of alcohol but ordered one anyway. Ha. It was strong as hell. So he's in the car going "I'm sooooo drunk" and all I can think about is food so I make us stop at a Tim Hortons to get some food. By this time he gets all cute and is like "I will tell you ANYTHING right now" which is not as fun as it sounds because he tells me most things even when he's sober. But we had some interesting conversations anyway and went back to his place and watched Homestar Runner at 3 in the morning, then went to bed.

Last night I worked. Right now I am working. Tomorrow I work at 1 am, sunday I work 4 to midnight (sweeeeet, working 16 out of 24 hours of the day) and monday I work again. At least I'm makin some sweet moola, as Kip would say. So today I'm sitting alone in my house waiting to go to work and I think, hey I can order a movie right from my own home! Okay I didn't think that, but I was happy I remembered we have On Demand movies on HBO. So I want to watch Monster. I reaaaally want to watch Monster. I was totally in the mood for a lesbian murderer story. Well apparently it wasn't on there anymore, so I picked Saved!, a Christian gay pregnancy story. Close enough.

This film, let me tell you, is right on the money. Anyone who doesn't know a Born Again Christian may tend to think it goes overboard portraying them. It doesn't. I should know, my family is filled with them. Those damn narrow minded holier than thou people. Suffice it to say, I liked the film, because it lets people know that Born Agains are CRAZY. Being gay is wrong in the eyes of God. Okay sure yep. Being ANYTHING that's not praised in the Bible is wrong in the eyes of God. And before people berate me for judging the judgmental, I have a right to. I've been judged by them all my life.

So after that film I met Andrew at the theater and saw the long-awaited Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Okay so I put some high expectations on this film, because Wes Anderson's other films were really good. Low key, kooky, indy stories. Life Aquatic was not. I don't care what Doug says ("apparently your taste isn't as refined as mine and Cindy's" I believe was the exact quote) it was RIDICULOUS. Too much action. Not enough laughs. And so many fake fish. Why are all the fake fish needed? Real fish are beautiful, why can't we use them? Maybe Wes Anderson has reached such a plateau of intelligence and humor that neither I nor Andrew are worthy to see it, or maybe it was just not a good film.

And now here I am at work with Arick, coughing my head off, talking like a smoker, and typing in a corner of the lab. I really don't want to be here right now, but at least I got to wax poetic on nothingness while I'm here. Til next time folks.



Comments

rorytmeadows said…
hey check out my january 10th entry entitled 'inability to avoid regret'...i need some psychological advice on girls
Erica said…
Why thank you Andrew, and I did have a good time

And Tim, I'll do the best I can but no promises
babz said…
You really lead an interesting life!! And I'm sooo jealous.
Sophia said…
A few comments:
-aside from a "splash" of coke, Long Islands have ONLY alcohol. Its like five drinks for the price of one

-LUV the FMBs myself. For a good time try wearing them to bed, but not durring the sleeping part. They look very cool up over ones head

-I miss "new all over again"

-Bill Murry annoys me. I can't keep up with his movies. They are way too deep for me. Maybe I am dumb or just REALLY high in sensation seeking.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections