And a new year begins

I've been writing in this thing since 2002 and in "Crazy/Beautiful" with Joe even before that, it's a long time for me to keep up a hobby. It's really good though, because with the way I am, I like to have a record of my entire life (it's genetic, pictures all over my house) and I've been going back and reading old entries and it's really interesting to me. Probably a little narcissistic but whatever.

Sooooo the big New Years Eve drunkfest blog for the year. I'm sure for the past two years I've written about going to Auburn and enjoying the New Year with Pat, this year my new boyfriend was 3000 miles away, but I had an amazing time regardless.

So I went with Angela and her friend Lindsey to the Adam's Mark Hotel in Buffalo. We met Angel, Erin, Catharine, Josh, Angel's brother Jeff, and his friend Mike at the hotel, and we met up with Barb, her husband, and her brother-in-law later. We all went to this restaurant called Century Grill for dinner, and I wasn't too hungry because I'd just had mozzarella sticks so I just got some chicken wings. Of course since I was in Buffalo, the home of the buffalo wing, they were amazing. I still only ate about 5. After dinner we went back to the hotel and drank and whatnot for a little while. I put on a black and silver "Happy New Year" tiara and black beads, and must have been getting drunk by that time because I let Catharine pour beer into my new years horn and I drank it like a funnel. I also attempted a handstand in the hallway of our hotel, but that didn't work out too well.


So we went back out to a bar called "SoHo" and Barb's brother-in-law got us ALL in for free. I felt like a celebrity, we all went in the backdoor in front of a million people waiting in line outside. We went upstairs where there was basically no line for the bar and there was a beautiful balcony. When it was midnight there were fireworks that we could watch from the balcony. I called Andrew at midnight and gave him a phone kiss and wished him a happy birthday, though it was only 9 pm for him. I couldn't really hear him so I hung up and tried to call Sue, Joe, Angie, and Charles, and only got through to Charles' voicemail and none of the others. I did end up talking to Sjene though but I don't really remember what was said. We danced a little after that and I got 3 free drinks from Jason, the guy who got us all into the bar. (He wanted me but I was just after the drinks hee hee)

We decided to leave and go to a bar called McMonkee's and as I was leaving Jason whispers "Come back here later" to which I just kinda laughed at and walked away. We went down the street at which point Mike figures out he can't find his ID and goes back alone to the other bar. We figured he was fine going back alone since he'd gotten at least 3 offers to go home with random girls while he was there. We all went into the other bar and almost immediately some nerdy guy came over and started dancing with me to "It's Raining Men" so I just thought he was gay but it was fun dancing with him because he just did a little ballroom dancing instead of trying to be sexy or something.

After I was done dancing with him I was so tired and my feet hurt so bad in my huge heels that I just kinda wanted to go home. Erin wanted to go home too and Catharine was almost dead so she had already gone home. Sooo I grabbed Angela, Lindsey, and Jeff and we caught an Adam's Mark Hotel bus back to the hotel. There were random other people in the bus and they were all talking to us and telling us we had to go back to the hotel room with them and "jump on Sean." We didn't know who Sean was, but we were drunk and like "sure we'll jump on him!" So we went to the hotel and...jumped on Sean. He was just some guy that fell asleep in the hotel room before midnight so we all jumped on him to make fun of him. This was at about 2:30 in the morning.

We got bored after jumping on him so went back upstairs to Catharine's room to hang out with her and Josh. Andrew called me at 3 am so I could wish him a happy birthday and new year his time (well I don't think he wanted to call but I kind of forced him to) and then I just ate Doritos and talked to a random Canadian girl that had completely randomly wandered into our room upstairs FROM SEAN'S ROOM but she was drunk and didn't remember us. Talk about coincidences. She kept going "where's my hubby?" and then we kept saying "go back to room 610!" so she just left again.

Shortly afterwards I went to bed, woke up, visited Angela's friend, went to breakfast, came back to Rochester, drove to Geneva, had dinner with my grandparents, then watched 3 hours of Sex in the City with Sue and Joe. I'm currently obsessed with the show, especially after receiving it for Christmas.

I also watched it again yesterday and there was a show about soulmates. Is there really one set person for each of us and fate will let us find that person or are there multiple people and circumstances just happen to bring people together? The first option is mighty romantic and it is what I'd like to believe as a fan of romance, but what about people whose spouses die or people who end up alone? Can friends be soulmates? I believe that Joe and I have such a strong bond that multiple times I've called him my gay soulmate. Anyway this is long enough and I could ruminate forever, so I'll call it quits now. I don't really care either way, if I find someone I can love for the rest of my life I'll be happy enough for that and I won't care about the philosophy of how it works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections