Toooooo much caffeine

Okay I'm gonna be posting sporadically throughout the day today, just because I feel like it. A few thoughts for the moment:

1) On being Spanish: We had a spanish-speaking person in our lab for an intake yesterday, she brought her daughter to translate for her. This is apparently illegal because she can't sign an informed consent because she can't understand it. One of our PhDs that works here turns to me and says, "you speak Spanish don't you?" I do....but not fluently and how would he know that? Do I look hispanic or something? Anyway also today some janitors watched me pass by them in the hall then started talking about me in spanish. Okay if it was like...Korean or something obviously they could bet I wouldn't know what they were talking about, but c'mon, half of America can understand Spanish, I just wanted to turn around and start saying something back to them but I held off and kept walking.

2) On coffee: please people, do not let me drink straight coffee ever again. Maybe a gas station cappuchino or some hot chocolate or something similar with not so much caffeine, but seriously I drank a cup of coffee this morning and I feel as if I'm going to either explode right now or run a marathon. Or possibly twitch to death. NO MORE COFFEE FOR ME.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections