Reflections

I read someone's livejournal tonight, and it made me want to be more serious in my bloggings. Not as serious as this person, because theirs was just really depressing, but it put me in an introspective mood I guess. I can change moods really easily sometimes and take on a mood of someone that's around me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing really. In my psyc of personality class with the awesome Dr. Monica Schneider, we learned that there are people who stay the same throughout situations and people who change and adapt with new situations that are presented to them. At first I wondered which was a better thing, to be so strong in character that you don't have to change for others, or being easily adaptable to things/people but not entirely being you. I think I'm in the latter category, but now I think it's not really that I'm not being true to who I am, I just think that I am open to so many things that when something new presents itself in my life I am automatically interested. Hmmm that's not really the point of the first few sentences, and I don't really know where it came from, I guess it's gonna be one of THOSE bloggings again, where I spout off thoughts as they come into my head and the fun game is to see if anyone can understand what I'm talking about.

Okay so back to the livejournal I read. It was written by someone I've talked about somewhat in this blog, just in a kind of an offhanded way, so I'm not gonna name who it is, but in the blog he mentions cutting himself and having numerous psychological as well as relationship problems. I don't know him very well, but he seems so sad. Angela is also sad lately, classes and whatnot and everything is building up for her. Joe is randomly depressed for the same reason he always is, he's lonely. I don't want to sound like I'm pitying these people, but I feel really bad for them, I want them to be happy. Happiness comes easily to me, especially lately, but I have been a tiny bit depressed before and I know how much it sucks. I wish I could pass out men to Joe and Angela and make everyone's psychological problems all better. I don't know, I guess I don't have much of a point to this paragraph either, what a shock. Plus I sound like a fucking happiness guru or something equally as patronizing, when I really don't mean to be. Anyway I maintain that everything that is important happens for a reason, so there is a purpose for sadness in the world, even if the only purpose is to make people more appreciate the good times.

Hmmm maybe this is getting a bit too serious. I'll try to think of some lighter fare. Angela and I bought an excersize video off Ebay because we're sick of Billy Blanks. It arrived today and we decided to see what it was like. Well it's hip hop dance moves....anyone who has seen me dance should want to laugh right now. So I tried most of the moves, and I've realized that I can dance perfectly fine with my upper body, ie my arms. My legs on the other hand, do not want to move with the rest of my body. I blame it on my inverted knees. A slightly pigeon-toed girl has it tough in the dancing world : ( However I will keep on doing the hip hop excersize video and perhaps eventually I can reverse the natural direction of my knees to buckle together.

I could write so much more of the randomness that pops into my head, but I believe that (a) someone would post a comment threatening to kill me while I sleep for being so annoying or (b) I might scare off all my friends and boyfriend. So I'll stop. I think I just miss my classes and writing in this is sort of like writing for a class....well a psyc class at least. Plus I want to go to bed so I can get to tomorrow sooner for the sole purpose of being able to tell people that I have officially been with Andrew a month now. (WOW I am a dork and I should delete that right now but I won't) Okay off to bed for Erica. Goodnight.

Comments

Sophia said…
Does it hurt your head to think that hard?

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections