I'd like to wish a happy birthday (belated) to my baby brother, who is now 15! His birthday is april 2nd, mine is april 4th. Kinda strange but at least it's not the same day.

I ended with Davey's birthday party, so I guess I'll start there. It was at Janelle's house, and when I got there, a million sigma kappas (the most popular sorority on campus) were there. I was like "greaaat" but most of them were ones I knew from classes so it was cool. Basically I spent the entire party on the couch playing various drinking games. There was also a rousing game of catchphrase, which I'd never played before and thought was fun. We got kicked out of there and went to 9-4 with some other people, and I just ended up getting completely trashed. Davey's....umm friend I guess (they're not exactly together) made me drink the rest of her vodka stuff which just topped off the evening, resulting in me throwing up at Pat's later.

This past weekend I spent in Geneva with Sue, her Welsh friend Johanna, Joe, and Angie (part of the time). Other friends came and went to various things we did. I had a really good time. Thursday we picked Sue and Johanna up at the bus station at midnight, so we just went home and went to bed.

Friday afternoon we went to lunch at Uncle Joes, picked Joe up, went to a secret store (ha) and went to Wegmans. At Wegmans I decided to see Nate's (the ex) dad around every corner. I was like "okay cool whatever." Oh but wait, as me and Joe were walking out of the store to meet Sue, Johanna, and Angie, guess who is walking in? Nate and Elise. We don't talk, even though it's been 2 years, we just quickly look away and keep walking. Shows our immaturity. Furthering that point, Joe yells to him "your dad is in the store" and Nate still doesn't look over. By this time I've recovered from the shock of seeing him up close for the first time in 2 years and would like to say hi, but Nate decided to keep ignoring us and walk away. Whatever.

Friday night Sue had about a million people over to her house and we all drank and had a good time, then went out to the bars. I was hanging out with Joe and Angie the whole time, and I don't even really know what the rest of them were doing. Joe was interested in this guy so we kinda just hung out with Joe and him. It was the first time any of us had met him and he turned out to be sooooo cool. He got in a little trouble with the law later that night, but luckily nothing too horrible. I also remember talking to some guy from Sweden outside of Copperfields and I kept just saying "I wish you were from Spain because I can speak spanish." Me and Angie just went back to Sue's and fell asleep after that.

Saturday I went home and hung out with my family for a little while, then back to Sue's for dinner (at Ciccino's of course). After we ate we drank and went downtown again. This time Joe and his friend left us, and Angie was back at school already, so it was basically me, Sue, and Johanna. We ended up at Parkers for most of the time, and I saw a lot of people I knew there. All the guys kept hearing Johanna talk and they were like "woah is that accent real?" like she would just put on a fake accent for no reason. I got to talk to Cody Morrow about his future plans, that was cool. I was talking to Bill Chambers for most of the night though, he's a really cool guy and easy to talk to. There was this Pedro guy standing near us, and he had this huge afro. Me and Johanna kept feeling it. I think it was the first time I've felt an afro, it was like soft and had an interesting texture.

Before long the bar was closing, which I hadn't even noticed, and I was still wide awake so we all went up to Bill's apartment above Parkers. We'd hung out there one other time, and I think it's a fun, relaxing place. So we ended up hanging out with the guys there til 4:30 in the morning, at which point Sue's dad called, causing her to spring out of her chair and out the door that was off its hinges, causing the door to fall on an unsuspecting me. That was fun, me drunk and trying to hold up an apartment door. So we all left soon after that, and after I wrote some retarded message in Bill's notebook.

This week I started really working at the sleep lab. I'm at the lab at this moment (shhhh). Actually I have free time right now so I decided to write in here. This morning I woke up the subjects, who had slept from midnight til 8, then gave them breakfast and checked their vitals (I now know how to work a blood pressure machine, take temperatures, and count respiration). Then I re-did any electrodes that had gone awry during the night and put them back to sleep at noon. (My supervisor came in and administered drugs to them first) So that means that these lucky people will be sleeping (or hypothetically sleeping) a total of 20 hours in 24 hours. Right now they're asleep, some soundly, some barely, so I just have to watch the monitors and make sure nothing goes wrong.

Basically I'll be doing things of this nature for the next couple months. I have a total of 40 hours on my plate here next week, which is scary but I'll be making a TON of money. I just hope I can stay awake for classes.

So after I get done here tonight I will be, as Pat says, partying my face off. It's my birthday tomorrow, and because I'm at the boring age of 22, I'm gonna get really drunk with all my friends. Then tomorrow I have a softball game and then me and Pat are going home to eat dinner in Geneva with my family. Should be a fun time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections