I have officially been back at school for a week now. Last week at this time it was about as cold out as it is now (feels like about 20 below 0) but I was wearing a sleeveless dress and open toed shoes. I'm glad I can be comfortable in a sweatshirt and pants today.

So about that night, I hurried to get here from Geneva last week so I would have time to get ready for the Gala. I still only had about 45 minutes to get ready, so I didn't really do my hair or anything. I picked up Pat, said hi to the rest of his house, and we drove to Rochester attempting to find the Crowne Plaza. We kinda went a round about way and finally got there by accident. We were still early though.

So we found the "Grand Ballroom" and went inside. It was a huge room with snowflake balloons all around and a big snowflake ice sculpture near the wall. I found my internship people immediately b/c Doug is like 6'4 and I saw his head sticking up. I introduced everyone to Pat and we stood around talking and eating hor-doerves (I have NO idea how to spell that).

For dinner Pat and I both had the filet mignon with rosemary glaze, and we had a good time (well at least I did) talking about a bunch of weird subjects (ex: Real Sex on HBO) with the people I work with. We danced a LITTLE bit, drank our individual little bottles of wine, and left there when we got bored at like 9.

We went back to the townhouse and I made him watch The Usual Suspects b/c I haven't seen it in about 6 months and I need to see it periodically. The next day I watched it again by myself with Bryan Singer and Chris Macquarrie talking about it through the whole thing and it was AWESOME.

So my classes (all 3 of them) are pretty cool, I have 2 film classes and a human sexuality course. One of the film classes has turned from a general "film" title into a Chinese Action film course. The instructor wears all black all the time and has a pierced lip. He also swears at us continuously and alternately uses huge words. The professor I was supposed to have is dying or something, he's been on sick leave for a whole semester. The other one is pretty cool and the last film we're watching is L.A. Confidential, another of my favorites. This girl I met is in both of them, her name is Nisha and she's pretty cool. Human Sexuality seems to be cool too, and Pat's friend A.C. is in my class, but I don't think that's a good thing for that particular class.

So tuesday night I went back to my internship from 7pm to 4am. I hooked up a 51 year old woman with no teeth and bad hair, it was kinda weird. It was fun to actually run a real study though. She ended up being a heavy smoker and had a REALLY low level of oxygen in her blood. The alarm kept going off on the blood oxygen sensor thingy and we thought she was gonna die all night. There was nothing else to do except do impedence checks every hour and record when they went to stage 1 sleep and REM sleep, so I got to go home a little early. It was a good experience though.

Since I have no classes fridays and one class every other day, I decided it would be fun to go out with Emily and Angela on wednesday night. The Vital offers $3.00 pitchers of beer til midnight, so we headed up there. I saw Pat and his friends there when we went in, and talked to them for a little bit. Then us girls went to the back and each proceeded to drink and entire pitcher. One of the guys would come back and talk to us every so often.

Usually I talk to Pete more than Davey, but it seemed to have been switched around on wednesday. Most of the time when I go out with Pat and his friends, Davey is kinda just depressed looking and when I try to talk to him he doesn't want to talk. But maybe it's b/c he's graduated and really has nothing to do right now, he was being really cool the other night. I got into a mercy hand fight with him at the bar and I didn't want to say mercy but my hand was killing me after a while and my attempts to pour beer over his head didn't work, so I gave up. My fingers hurt for the rest of the night, but it was fun.

I was REALLY drunk by the time we decided to leave The Vital and go to Kelly's. Emily kind of just randomly left us, I don't know why, and me and Angela were wasted. We went to Kelly's with the guys and I was talking to them for a little while when I saw this guy Gene at the other end of the bar. I had a small crush on him freshman year, and happened to know stuff about him just b/c I remembered it from the tour he took with me before we came to school. (not in a psychotic way, I just remember stuff about people)

So me and Angela started laughing b/c we saw "Gene Gene the hot machine" as we used to call him, and he noticed us laughing and said "these girls are laughing at me." So I went to explain and ended up talking to him. I told him I remembered him from the tour and he didn't believe me, so I told him his name. So then he swore that I had a photographic memory, so I went with it and told him where he was from and that he went to a Catholic school. Then he was just like "OMG you're awesome" and tried to get me to use my super memory powers on him the whole night. It was really funny, I had a good time talking to him and his friends, but every time I looked back and Pat and the rest of them, Pat and Davey were giving the guys I was talking to weird looks. Apparently they were ready to kick their asses if they needed to, but then everyone got along and danced to Mony Mony together.

I ended up dancing with Tim and promising Davey he could accompany me to my Chinese film class, and then we all went home. Pat went home with me and Angela, and we just went to bed.

Last night I braved the weather and went to Comix Cafe again, along with Sara, Angela, Pat, A.C., The Beamster, and Sara's friend Joe. There was a woman comic named Lisa Lampanelli and she was REALLY funny. Apparently she's been on the show "Tough Crowd" and BET a lot (she loves black people). I don't like woman comics but she was HILARIOUS. She just kept swearing and talking about having sex with people.

So this weekend I really don't know what's going on, but next weekend I get to take a vacation to the equally cold city of Boston to visit Sue. I'm really excited b/c it's gonna be me, Angie, and Joe going to see Sue and we haven't all hung out together in a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections