Well I'm home for Winter vacation, I can tell by the crappy computer I'm using. It literally took me 20 minutes to get to the page where I can add new entries in my blog. I had to get my book and read it while I was waiting. This computer is horrible.

Besides the computer, everything else seems to be going just fine at the moment. This is probably because I haven't checked my grades yet. After that, it might just go downhill. But no worries, Christmas is coming up, and I just last friday finished my shopping. As I've probably mentioned, I bought things on E-Bay this year. Four presents, to be exact. It was so fun, and now I can't wait until the people I got them for open them and see their uniqueness. Also on friday I got a cd player system installed into my car. It seems to be working perfectly, and I'm loving it, since I've never been able to drive and play cds before. Joe accompanied me to Circuit City and Eastview, and I think we both had a very fun day of shopping.

Friday night Pat came over. We were both a little tired so we stayed in and watched Bad Boys II. It wasn't too bad, definitely an action flick. The next morning we went to visit my dad's side of the family at my grandparent's Christmas party. When we got there, there were roughly 40 of my family members milling around. I told Pat this wasn't even close to all of them. I tried to introduce him to everyone, but it's tough when my dad has 5 sisters and they each have about 5 kids, who have, in turn, had a bunch of kids. I barely remember people's names. But we didn't stay too long and there was some good food, so it was a good time had by all.

Last night we were gonna go to the Copperfield's Xmas party with Joe, but Joe didn't get out of work til late so we decided to watch The Last Samuri instead (this is still me and Pat). I don't really enjoy Tom Cruise's acting, but I do love Samuri movies (I own Kurosawa's "The Seven Samuri") so I was excited to see it. I did like the movie, but I also thought Tom Cruise's acting wasn't up to par. He's just not emotionally expressive enough. Plus, as I told Pat, he had more chemistry with Katsimoto than with Taka. (watch the movie, you'll figure out the names) Besides those little glitches, it was a good movie, even a little reminiscient of Kurosawa. And maybe I'm being racist, but I really think the Japanese are a very attractive race of people. Definitely better looking than the Chinese.

So before I get myself in trouble, on to another topic. Wait a minute, I dont' actually have another topic to talk about. Oh yes I do, ANOTHER movie. (Is this all I do??....well wait til next semester when all I take are film classes....muhahaha) I recently viewed Mulholland Drive. I KNEW it was gonna be really hard to understand, but I wanted to watch it anyway to see if maybe I could be the bright light that actually understood the damn thing. Nope. By the end, me and Joe were like "....what?". So we looked the entire plot of the movie up online. That's probably the best thing to do if you want to know what it's about, otherwise there's no way unless you have a 150 IQ. I thought it was a pretty good movie after a few things were cleared up about the plot. I'd recommend it for the people out there who are into indy films, or just films that don't make sense. Oh it is somewhat lesbionic though, so watch out for that.

Oh shit, I forgot about another movie....I saw the final installment of Lord of the Rings tonight. Wow I am SUCH a movie dork. I won't say much about it except that I KNEW what was gonna happen in the end because I saw it on a cartoon when I was little and it always stuck in my mind. I was waiting for it throughout the whole movie, and then right at the climax of the film it happened. Other than knowing about the end, I highly enjoyed it. I'll be rooting for it at the Oscars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections