So apparently being "the most domestic guy I've ever met" is a bad thing. Doug seemed a little offended when he happened to read about that, so I'm typing an explanation. Seeing as though most the guys I know either play rugby, which means they aren't the most debonair guys in the world, or just plain don't know how to do any housework (accchem Joe), it seems as if it wasn't such an insult after all. Besides, who ever said it was a bad thing to be domestic anyway? AND....Doug called me the nerdiest person he'd ever met, so I think he's being a little oversensitive.

In other news, I went home this weekend to visit with my family and Joe. He was home friday and saturday nights, so I hung out with him then. Friday we went to see Kill Bill. It was a good movie, but slow at some points. The stand-out scene is the scene with Lucy Liu and Master Tanaka at the long table....just watch the movie for that scene. I wish it didn't end so abruptly, I know he shot one long movie and it was cut into two in editing, which was probably a good marketing move b/c I really want to see the second part now.

We went out after the movie, which wasn't too interesting, since not many Geneva people were out. Saturday we just watched some tv at Joe's and went out again. I didn't feel a need to drink either night, which makes it the first weekend in a long time that I haven't actually been drunk.

Sunday I hung around my house, then went to Pat's. We ate a nice steak dinner, courtesy of Ms. Scalisi, then went to see his dad. I had to give garlic to both of them so I gave it to him and we talked for a little while. Then we headed over to Daut's apartment to see a few of his friends. I was supposed to see Kill Bill again with Pat, which I was more than happy to do, but we messed up and went to the wrong theater. We happened to be at the theater where his friends were gonna go see School of Rock anyway, so we saw that too. It was pretty cute, not as funny as I thought it would be and not the most exciting plot in the world, but still good. I'm pissed now though b/c we missed Alias, making this the first time in my life I've ever missed that show. (dooooork)

Monday I went home and basically just worked on my advanced research methods paper all day and all night. I still only got 2 sections done, and almost went insane in the meantime. I took a break to watch The Ring with my mom, who laughed at me for thinking it was scary.

Tuesday I went to my internship, then back to school to work on my paper. I ended up sitting next to Pat in the library and I got it done about 2 hours later than I would of b/c we were just talking to each other the whole time. He'd been there since 3:00, and stayed til 11:00, so I think he was just trying to keep his brain alive by talking to me. However, I was trying to do work and talk and it just wasn't working out for me.

In kidney news...I'm going to see my doctor in geneva on november 8th, so hopefully I'll get some news about it.

Oh yeah, OAR is coming to Geneseo! Anyone that wants to come see them with me feel free to let me know. I believe Angie is coming, and Pat gets to go for free and hang out with the band b/c he's working security. So that'll be exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections