I forgot to mention in my last writings that I went to a talk at Strong last thursday with the people I work with. I didn't really know what this talk was all about, but I got there and the guy was the chair of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. Yeah. I could tell he was very intelligent, but down to earth too, and I actually understood a lot of what he was talking about. (Circadian rhythms and stuff like that) Some guy asked a question about MPP+ which is something that acts like a Parkinson's agent, and he wanted to know if it was tested in primates. The Harvard guy didn't know the answer, but I did, but I was afraid to say anything. I also had the best coconut cookie of my entire life there.

Apparently every thursday is bond with work members day. This guy that works in the depression/sleep lab down the hall from our lab, Doug, wanted to have a dinner for us. So I went with Sara, my supervisor, last night. We got there and he had the cutest little apartment right near Park Ave. (600 dollars a month)

He has a small apartment, but it's cute, and he has good taste for a guy. His dinner table was all set up with matching bowls on top of plates, and candles were lit. He joked about making someone a good wife someday. So 2 other girls I work with got there (well one is 30 but she looks about 22) and it was 4 girls and Doug eating dinner. Cindy is a vegetarian so he cooked pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms, artechokes, and olives. It was actually really good, even though he noticed I didn't eat my artechokes or tomato chunks. We had white wine with the meal, salads, and he made an apple crisp for dessert. It was all excellent, and I got a little tipsey and started telling everyone (including my supervisor) all about my strange family.

After the dinner we all played Trivial Pursuit while watching The Royal Tennenbaums, which was as funny as ever. We ate the apple crisp, and Doug cleared away all the dishes for us. He is the most domestic guy I've ever met. We ended up talking and playing until midnight. Everyone I work with is so nice and laid back, it's great.

So today is the start of my fall break, which is definitely not going to be long enough. I get to see Joe tonight, and hang out with my family saturday and sunday. Then sunday I'll go to Pat's, and monday I'll go back to school. I have to do a huge paper over the break, plus get in watching about 5 movies with people. I'm going to see Kill Bill tonight, which me and Joe are both excited about.

Oh yeah and the doctor that looked at my renal ultrasound could not FIND the renal artery in the pictures. So either I have no renal artery (which is impossible) or health professionals in Geneseo are just incompetant. I'm going to see my doctor in Geneva to finally figure out if anything is really wrong with me, which by now I doubt that there's even a problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections