"And when everybody loves me/I'll be just as happy as I can be"

That song basically typifies how I feel about myself as of this moment. Joe put it another way in his profile, a little more harsh but probably just as true.

Not sure what I'm talking about? I'm not really either. All I know is that my recent trip to Martha's Vineyard has me all screwed up in the head. I'll tell about the events that took place, and then maybe go into how restless I am now as a result.

Joe and I left thursday morning at 8 and finally arrived to the island at about 5. We went out to dinner with Sue at The Wharf, had some good drinks and then went to meet some of her recently acquired Scottish friends. We hung out with them for awhile and then met Vicky (from Scotland of course) at David Ryan's, a bar. We talked to her, drank, ate some breakfast at 12:30 at night (bars close at 12 there) and then went to Sue's house in Edgartown.

The next day we got up really late and had breakfast with Hayley, Sue's non-Scottish friend (she's English) and then headed to South Beach to go swimming. It was pretty hazy outside but really warm and the water was amazing. Me and Sue went in the ocean but Joe is afraid of sea creatures so he stayed on the beach. Sue made up a children's story about "Dave the Wave" and we had fun splashing in the water. I wanted to find shells but I couldn't find any, and suddenly this guy just reached down into the water and found this HUGE shell. I was like "hey did you just find that, it's awesome!" and he's like "yeah" Well him and his girlfriend left after a little while, and he left the shell on the sand where they were sitting. I think he wanted me to have it, lol.

Well after the beach we went back to Sue's, got cleaned up and whatnot, then got some pizza for dinner. After THAT is when things get a little ugly for me. We went to the karaoke bar where Sue is famous for singing the "Big Butts" song. So obviously she got up and sang that, and we were sitting at a table with her friends Tom and Kevin (and this girl and some other guy I wasn't really introduced to) so anyway I was just sitting there having fun, drinking, etc and me and Joe were kinda discussing how hot this Kevin character was (of course him and Tom were both from Scotland too) Joe was a little drunk, and I was a little drunk, and Joe decided to shout out "we're not together, she has a boyfriend!" across the whole table. The random guy that I wasn't even talking to got up and was like "what??!! What am I doing here then!!" and left. It was kinda strange but funny. Then Kevin noticed that I was peeling beer bottle labels off and asked if I was sexually frustrated. We started talking about sex and Pat and his ex and everything else, and we didn't stop talking until we had to leave.

Sooooo we go to leave and Joe can't save me b/c he's on his cell phone so Tom and Kevin decide to go home with us and hang out. First bad idea. We walked home, and Sue has a slight interest in Tom and Joe was on the phone so I was talking to Kevin the whole way home. He was really interesting, according to him, I'm "bulgarian" b/c I can't do a Scottish accent correctly. I was kind of kidding around saying "I'm a smarrrrrt girrrrrl" making fun of the way they say their "r"s. He kept saying the phrase "Jesus Mudder of God" and so I made fun of him about that too. We also talked about me being Italian and he said I would love Sicily. Apparently he's been all over Europe.

So we get back to Sue's house and I'm still talking to Kevin, she's still talking to Tom, Joe's still talking on the phone. I don't remember the order of the events but I know the 4 of us played Trivial Pursuit and me and Sue kicked ass b/c the guys didn't know anything about America and they kept getting questions about things like North Carolina. At some point Sue and Tom went outside to talk. Me and Kevin stayed inside and were talking. All of a sudden he starts kind of playing with my arm. I was like "I have a boyfriend" and he kinda laughed. Then he kissed me. TOTALLY taking me off guard. I pushed him away and was like "STOP" but I still wanted to talk to him, oddly enough, b/c he was so interesting and funny. So luckily Sue and Tom came back in at that time and the guys just crashed on the couch while I ran away into the other room.

So the next day what happens? Oh yeah we hang out with those two AGAIN for the WHOLE DAY. Kevin pretended like he couldn't remember anything from the night before, even though we all knew that he remembered everything. We just went shopping and played pool, (Joe was pissed b/c he was bored and we were kind of ignoring him) I got a little tipsey at 3 in the afternoon, and then we went our separate ways until Tom's birthday party that night.

Well we went to dinner, then picked up Vicky (who actually has a crush on Kevin) then went to Tom's party. At the beginning of the night Kevin was doing weird things like shouting "how was your dinner Erica?" across the room and trying to talk to me. But by the end of the night there were 2 girls there that he was sooooo obviously trying to get with, I was just like "this is funny" He thinks he's the coolest thing ever, which I noticed while watching him talk to people. So by the end of the night I ended up getting WRECKED and throwing up, Vicky threw up too, Joe was on the phone all night, Sue was pissed at herself, and Kevin was making out in some bushes with some girl that was crying over him. All in all, a very interesting night.

Sunday we just got up and left for home, arriving back in Geneva at around 9:30 at night. I was hungover for the whole ride home, which was amusing, and I also didn't end up eating a full meal til 2 days later.

Okay I know my quote to describe that adventure doesn't make much sense but for some reason now all I can think about is going somewhere out of New York, or even the US, and living there for awhile. I want to see the world! Even though nothing happened or anything, I felt really cool when Kevin showed an interest in me, which maybe is why I think that maybe I AM an "attention whore". It's not that, as Chicago says "I didn't get enough love in my childhood", I think I just have that "everyone has to pay attention to me" personality. I don't know, I'm also PMSing so that means half of what I just wrote is probably all bullshit but that's just how I feel right now. Oh well. Anyone want to take me to Europe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections