Brrrrrr it's cold in here (there must be some Clovers in the atmosphere)

I really wish that the furnace in our giant apartment wasn't 10 years old so our heating bill wouldn't be 300 dollars a month. And I really wish (only in this cold, dead winter) we didn't have so many goddamn windows, wood floors, and high ceilings. I repeat, brrr! I'm wearing a blanket around my shoulders as I type this, which is perfectly normal for me. When I got home from work tonight, I wore my winter hat and scarf around the house for 2 hours before I felt safe to take them off. Mike doesn't care about the heat like I do, but I get cold REALLY easily. Thin body + bad circulation = freezing all the time.

And that's my rant about that.

To give an update on my cousin's fiance (Scott), he's been moved to three different hospitals, each promising a neurology "expert". They all say the same thing, he'll never walk again, he may not live. However, he is mostly off the respirator and has had half hour conversations with Lauren. Apparently his state trooper friends feel really bad (guilty?) about his condition, so they're setting Lauren up at a hotel and getting her and my aunt anything they need. I guess they convinced him to go watch football with them after he worked a double shift, which explains the falling asleep at the wheel thing. Anyway, for the time being, he's alive and talking, which isn't as bad as it could be!

And if you guys are like me and need to escape from this nasty world with visual media, TCM is showing amazing films for all of February. If you have a dvr or TiVO, I highly recommend you check it out. For the next seven days I'm snagging recordings of as many classic films as I can manage, including Network, An American in Paris, 42nd Street, Forbidden Planet, and The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flynn version). Tonight I watched Killer of Sheep, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other great films the channel has in store through March 1.

Oh yeah, California pictures....if I keep reminding myself I know I'll do it. Don't give up hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections