Like a Bat Out of Hell, I'll Be Gone When the Morning Comes

I'm extremely sad/nostalgic right now. The fault for this exclusively lies with Joss Whedon. My college friend Angela came over to hang out tonight, which was very fun and nice. But on a previous visit home Mike and I had gotten her into watching Angel, because we were watching the 5th season at the time. So she came over tonight and said the only episode she still needed to see was the series finale. Of course I told her we could watch it, I was excited to revisit my old friends!

Well the excitement turned into longing. Longing for the return of not only Angel, but for Buffy as well. The characters were like old friends I hadn't seen in years returning to me in ghost form. I could only have them for a little while, then they must leave again. Sigh. I cannot stress enough how amazing those two tv shows are. I now feel like an addict, a Joss Whedon addict. I can't wait for his new show Dollhouse, but it won't be the same :(

In Thanksgiving news, my trip home to Geneva nabbed me some good visual accompaniments to my blog. My mom brought out a host of things I'd written/drawn when I was between 4-8yrs old. I scanned the funniest ones and would like to explain each of them to you.

This one I just think is interesting in a "children are very random" kind of way. Apparently when I was 6, bees snoring went great with lions roaring and knives taking lives. I was always a dark child. Obviously my loving mother wrote out this little poem for me, I wasn't THAT much of a child genius.


This one was indeed written by my 6 year old self. I believe it will need some spelling out. This is a grocery list that spells out "shopping donuts oreos fruit cheerios steak for supper. Take the money and go." Apparently I was a bitchy little kid who loved sugar and meat.


An artist at a young age. Or...the period of time when I was obsessed with Roger Rabbit's Jessica Rabbit. I only drew girls that looked like her or similar to her for about a year. And Ninja Turtles. I drew TONS of Ninja Turtles.



Another epic story from my 7 year old mind. This one is very creatively spelled out. It says "now I saw a cow who "mooved" right now. he went to pennsylvania next he went to transylvania and count Dracula threw him to the wolves. the end."


I think this one is hilarious. My mom wanted to be a novelist for awhile after publishing a semi-successful cookbook. So she wrote about 100 pages of a romance novel featuring a girl called "Jessica Summers." She would let me read it (the non dirty parts) and make suggestions at my will. These are my 8 year old suggestions for book titles.

And for re-living my childhood creations with me, I'll put in some pictures of me and my friends (the couple pictures of me and two guys, those are two brothers who were very good friends and neighbors of mine for years) on Wednesday night AND a youtube video of what else, me making an ass out of myself. Enjoy.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections