Oh Captain My Captain!

Just a quick little taste of a blog for your appetites:

--I watched both Hardboiled and Dead Poet's Society on Thursday night. I had never seen Hardboiled save for the first fight scene, so I was pleasantly surprised to find the hottest man in Hong Kong Cinema in the film. That would be my man Tony Leung. Yay! The fact that he was in the movie made up for the fact that they spent about 45 minutes on an exploding hospital that apparently only caters to babies and people with polio. Overall, I'd give the first half of the movie a B+ and the second half a C-. But since I love Tony Leung (and since City on Fire I've liked Chow Yun Fat), it was a pleasurable experience for me.

My favorite acting scene (the film was mostly about who had the biggest/most guns) was a scene in a warehouse where Tony turns around and looks like he's confused and anguished at the same time, it's great. The only thing I could find that showed it was this random music video set to clips of the film. The whole thing isn't necessary, but watch about 40 seconds into it, and you'll see what I mean. I think I'm gonna have to get back on my Tony Leung movie kick soon. (And I'll start with 2046).



Dead Poet's Society I'd seen about 10 years ago or so, and it still holds up under the test of time. Great film, Peter Weir! Now go work on your next project, a film based on the William Gibson book Pattern Recognition, so I can see it.

It also bears worth mentioning that I have 6 GIANT bags of candy at my disposal at the moment. Yeah. I will list them:

-Assorted Reeses chocolates including Reeses Pieces and Reeses Caramel
-Assorted Candy Corn
-Dum Dums
-Sour Skittles
-Lifesaver gummis
-Brach's assorted caramels and things (tootsie rolls, airheads, milk maids)

All I want to say about that subject is this: If you're a candy lover, do not ever go to the small pharmacy style stores the day after Halloween. Even if there are giant candy bags on sale for 1$.

So if I do any especially weird blogging in the next month, you'll know why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections