No More Frankenfoot

My foot is feeling a lot better. I am no longer on crutches or in any kind of splint. I am walking, with a slight limp, but walking nonetheless. Once my calf muscle gets back in shape (about a month from now) I'll be able to walk without a limp.

The bone part of my foot never hurts, but the incision still does if it gets angry at me or I hit it on something. The reason it may get angry at me is that my supposed "absorbable" or "disolvable" sutures (Vicryl) are reacting with my foot instead of just doing what the hell they're supposed to and going away. So my incision opened up wider and got softer instead of closing and going away. My doctor now has me on cephalexin just in case of infection, and he says with some hydrogen peroxide and band-aids it should close soon. I'll probably have a worse scar than I would have had, but I kinda like scars anyway; it'll make me look like a bad-ass.

I do have good news though, he took x-rays recently and said that he could barely even tell that my bone had been broken at all, it looked so good. He showed me, and my bunion is definitely gone, and I can see a little line in the bone, but that's it. I have great movement in my big toe and my foot only needs to go down one more size to match my other foot's size. (I'm wearing a size 11 shoe on one foot and a size 9 on the other, but the 11 is getting too big now.)

I'm going home to hang out with my best friends tomorrow night, and I feel like I haven't been out in FOREVER. I'm very excited, although I know they'll make fun of my giant white shoe. Oh well, no crutches = more drinking, although I'm not sure if I should drink while on antibiotics. I just got them today, so maybe I'll wait one more day to start taking them.

I don't really have much else to say at the moment, or any cool pictures. I've been mostly working nights which means no hanging out or doing anything fun. I *did* have a really interesting 4 hours dedicated to my induction into the world of D&D, but I really don't think anyone wants to hear about that.

So...everyone have a great Thanksgiving. A psychic told me that my family would fight about my cousin's future wedding at dinner so we'll see if that really happens.

Bye!

Comments

john ok said…
Actually I would like to hear about your introduction to D&D. hahahah. i'm such a nerd. I remember my D&D days fondly.
Erica said…
Maybe I'll tell you...if you ever write back to me on Myspace!

I know, you're a busy doctor, blah blah :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections