Happiness Writes White

*Disclaimer: this post contains graphic images of my frankenstein-ish foot. Not for the squeamish*

I think everyone tends to write more when something bad/wrong/out of the ordinary happens, or when they're sad or introspective. This past week has been pretty ordinary, save for all of the sleep knowledge my boss put into my head, so I didn't really know what to write.

Well, until friday of this week that is. I went back to my doctor to have my cast taken off. Ever since last week my foot had been hurting horribly. Thursday night it hurt so badly that I could barely sleep due to the pain. What I didn't realize was that the two pins that were holding my bones together had, over time, gotten irritated where they had come in contact with my skin/the cast. Luckily those pins came out completely last friday. Unluckily, they were the size of industrial staples and my doctor pulled them both out with no local anesthetic of any kind. They were already so irritated that I could barely sleep, and then I go in and he just yanks them out of my foot bone like they're nothing. I gripped the arms of the chair so hard that I thought they were gonna break. It was probably the worst pain I've felt for awhile. For two days after that I had to wear a smaller bandage and still not wash my foot, but today I got to wash it for the first time in a month!!

Since I was finally allowed to see what it looked like, of course I took pictures for all of you to see. My leg looks like it belongs to a starving person, it's that small, and my foot is...scary. The vampire bite looking things are where the pins got pulled. And my heel isn't dirty, it's where the blood collected when my foot first swelled up (my doctor says he rarely sees it happen like that but it's okay if it does). And I may be able to walk without crutches in 2 weeks, woohooo!!

In other news...last night Andrew showed me a couple episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it's a cute show! I'd like to see more. Of course that's what I said about Bleach and Cowboy Bebop but I seem to lack time for Anime. I've also been eagerly learning all that I can about Halo. I played Halo 3 a few weeks ago and I played Halo 2 for 2 hours on friday and saturday nights. I played against more experienced people, but I still got some good kills in!

And today everything else fell by the wayside when my lovely boyfriend brought home Guitar Hero 3 with 2, count 'em 2, guitar controllers (2nd guitars aren't coming out til february, but he's good at scheming things out of stores). I woke up and played 21 songs and desperately wanted to play more, but thought I should eat since I hadn't had anything in the past 16 hours. I love it, of course.

Okay gotta go for now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
For the record, I AM good at scheming things from stores... but I didn't steal the coveted second guitar controller. However, I AM still bad-ass ;-)

And for all the scaryness of your foot, I'd like to point out that everything in that picture can heal on its own- but the bunion, which wouldn't have, is gone!

Huzzah for the heel half full (of blood)!

:-*
john ok said…
i'm buying guitar hero III for my brother in law's birthday. but i've heard some things about the buttons stopping working due to the detachable neck on the guitars. let me know if you start having problems.

also avatar rocks.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections