The creative juices are a-flowin

Well I was waiting for this day to arrive, the day where I actually feel like writing a blog post that isn't fluff. Not that this will be very deep, but I guess take what you can get.

Firstly I am a person who gets sick of things pretty easily. I did a whole previous blog post about that before. BUT I just want to say that one thing I will never be tired of is "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams. That is seriously my favorite song of all time and always will be. I'm not sure what it is, maybe because the first time I heard it I was in my grandparents' car with Lauren going to Cape Cod for my first out-of-state vacation ever, maybe it's the beautiful melody, maybe it's the thought of Kevin Costner playing Robin Hood....well not the last one. The song is kinda corny and whatever, but it'll always be beautiful to me.

Random, I know. But I heard it in my car and loved it all over again so I thought the world had to know my feelings on the subject.

Secondly, I am planning on starting a collage. It's gonna sound stupid, but I think it'll give my OCD for movies some satisfaction. Have I mentioned that I am completely OCD about lists and movies and most of all lists of movies? Yeah, I am. I've also saved every single movie ticket from every single movie I've seen in the theatre EVER, and I'm going to put them all on a posterboard and call it "Erica's History of Film" or something equally as academic and pertinent to the subject. I'll organize by year and the ones with no names and dates will be fashioned around the others prettily. This sounds stupid, I know, but what else am I gonna do with all the tickets? Actually maybe I can do this like a scrapbook thing instead, so it's not a giant poster and I can take it out and show it to interested parties only when I am feeling secure with myself. Hmmm the book thing now is starting to sound better and better. Either way, I'm doing it and nobody can stop me.

In other news, my grandfather, the one that is dead but was a god to me, apparently was like a god to others as well, because nobody can seem to just let him be dead. I went to a building dedication for him today. It was pretty cool because there was an article in the paper (again) and a bunch of people spoke about him (again) including Senator Nozzolio and Assemblyman Kolb, along with Geneva's mayor, who all knew him apparently. Then they unveiled a plaque that they're gonna hang in the lobby of the Housing Authority building (the building that is dedicated to him) and it has his face bronzed on it. I forgot my camera so I can't show you the plaque but we all thought he looked a little creepy on that thing anyway. So being with the immediate family, I got to sit in the front row while they spoke about how great of a man he was (again) and it felt like a second funeral which made me angry. I try not to think about him because I'll tear up, then I have to relive the fact that he was so great and is now so gone. It just sucks. But I am very proud that he was so well respected, not only to Genevans, but politically as well.

The reason the building was dedicated to him was because he was head of the Housing Authority for 20 years and during that time he worked very hard to provide housing for impoverished people. He grew up with immigrant parents and 8 brothers and sisters very poor in the ghetto of Geneva. So he worked himself up to a better financial and living situation, and wanted to help others do the same. A lady who I don't know but she knew him came up and told me that he was one of a kind and didn't care about race or creed just cared about helping people, and he always put his foot down on issues that he really cared about, which was cool to hear also.

So that's another tidbit about my grandfather, I think maybe I'll torture myself with watching old home movies of him tonight now that he's on my mind anyway.

Well I promised pictures, and you've been waiting patiently for them, so here ya go: These are mostly from Geneva behind the Belhurst and the just past East End Fest, but there's a few extras thrown in because I just received them from Mike and they're good ones.


This is one of my favorite pictures, pretty much ever. Everyone is doing something different and totally candid. This was taken back on March 30th.




This was taken at the Lilac Festival. I just have this in here because Mike looks super hot. Look at my hot boyfriend everyone!




That's not your boat Robert!



Another failed suicide attempt for Joe.




Cute couple, eh?



Mike likes to be artsy camera guy



Herman and Artechoke are so loving...and yes Leo is stalking them



The engaged couple....what'cha lookin at Brian? Hmmm??


Really fuckin weird picture, BUT my boobs look pretty big so I'll post it


Tim (aka director of Geva Improv Troupe) and Brian hamming it up


Look at that hedonism!



This is Adam, unwittingly promoting whatever beer that guy was drinking



Yeah don't ask. We were gone by that time.



And....I'll leave you on this lovely note of Brian, Alex, and Raj.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections