Well obviously my paper is finished now. Hopefully it's of a good quality, but mostly I'm just happy that it's done. Of course I have another 2 papers due (my last 2) the week after Thanksgiving break so that sucks too. I'm getting to the point where I really just don't care about the quality of my work.

Okay I have 2 weekends to catch up on, and they're both pretty interesting. On friday the 14th I was a good girl and didn't drink at all. This was because I was hooked to electrodes all night sleeping at my internship. Yes, I volunteered to be a subject at the sleep lab and they gave me the royal treatment.

It was me and Arick who volunteered to sleep there, so we got there and filled out some random paperwork, then I got hooked up first. Imagine having to sleep with 5 electrodes on your scalp, 1 on each side of your head (near the eyes), 2 on the chin, 1 under the chin, 2 on the chest, and 2 on each leg. PLUS there was a "flow" meter which was something that stuck up into my nose and down to my mouth, kind of making me look like a walrus. This was to measure my breathing during the night, but it was quite obnoxious. There were also 2 belts, one for my chest and one for my abdomen, and a clamp on my finger measuring blood flow.

So I got all that crap put on me, took a few pictures, then headed to bed. I had to do a few breathing and looking around excersizes, then went to sleep. Apparently it only took me about 6 minutes to fall into stage one sleep, so that was surprising. I awoke suddenly at 7 when I heard a voice coming over the speaker into my room saying "Erica, it's 7 AM, time to wake up." It was the weirdest way to wake up EVER.

So I got all de-gakked, looking very greasy and crappy, and just wanted to get back to Geneseo to sleep again. Nope...not gonna happen. I went out to my car and it had been an exceptionally cold night, so of course, my locks were frozen. I was like...okay I'll wait awhile and try again later. So I kept myself busy for almost an hour and went out to try them again. It worked and I actually got into my car this time.

I waited an hour on purpose, the mall opens at 9 and I needed a dress for the rugby formal that was in a week (last saturday). I looked like shit, but that didn't matter because nobody was at the mall at 9 on a saturday anyway. So I spent 2 whole hours looking around, and finally settled on a really pretty red dress with beads for straps. It was too big but I didn't care, I liked it and bought it (and saved 20 dollars!)

I got back to the townhouse and took a nice loooong shower. Then later that night, Pat was bored b/c all his friends were at Cortaca, so we ate dinner and went to a movie. We haven't really had a "date" in awhile. It was fun, and we saw the movie "Elf" which was absolutely hilarious. Will Farrell is amazing.

So this past week we had 3 more broomball games. We won 1, lost 1, and tied 1. Not too bad, we ended up in 8th place overall, I don't know if we're in the playoffs though. Thursday I started my weekend early, because I had no classes on friday. It was the night of the O.A.R. concert and Sue and her friend Kristin came to see it.

They got here and we drank a little, and Emily came over too and drank a little. Sue and Kristin actually drank A LOT and were majorly buzzed walking down to the concert, I was okay though. We got there and the opening band, The Virginia Coalition, was playing. They actually were really good and I enjoyed them a lot. Then O.A.R. came out and they were amazing as well (of course). I was a dancing machine for "Crazy Game of Poker" which tired me out for the rest of the songs and I thought I was gonna die. Pat was working security (or supposed to be) but he ended up just kinda chillin with me the whole night. I saw a lot of people I knew at the concert too that I had no idea would be there (Kris Petry(!)). After the concert we had a broomball game and I was NOT in the mood to play. Sue cheered us on though and that was cool, she seemed like she was enjoying herself.

We weren't really in the mood to drink any more so we went back to the townhouse and just crashed. In the morning we got some GFR breakfast which I love and is cheap (so everyone go there). I hope Sue and Kristin had a good time, I did!

Thursday was actually Sarah Nicholson's birthday, but nobody could really celebrate so we went out on friday for it. Sara's friends Joe and Beth came up and we went to Fratelli's for dinner. I got a veal marsala dish that I didn't really like too much,and it was waaaaay too expensive. Then we saw the semi-annual MTC musical theatre show which was amazing like always. My favorite song was the erection song "Can't Keep It Down" from Fame. This guy that goes to our school that has leukemia is in MTC and he came onstage by himself and talked about his cancer and how his grandma just died and he started crying. That made ME start to cry and he sang a song and I just kept crying, it was really sad. I got to see Marissa and Devin (2 people I know pretty well) perform. I also saw Tim Hanley and his dad there and chatted with them for awhile too. His dad was telling me about how he was in musicals when he was younger and I was like "aww that's cute." After that we went back and played soccer/football outside til like 1 in the morning. It was great because it was so beautiful outside.

The next day was the rugby formal. That day I played outside and went bowling and to wegmans and stuff, and didn't really get ready til like 5:30. Pat came a little after 7, and we went back to his house for the pre-party. Now if this was last year Pat would have been drunk by the pre party and wouldn't have lasted at the real party. But he was very good and drank slowly. We were hanging out with Pete and Davey and their dates, and this Danny guy came a little later with his date. Everyone was really nice and we played this icebreakers game and had a good time. Tim was kinda hanging around waiting to go to his date party too, so he partook (what?) in the festivities as well. Oh yeah, Davey's little brother was there with his girlfriend....but he didn't quite make it to the party at all.

So anyway at about 10? I don't know when it was, we went to 9-4 Meadows to party it up at the "pimp's" place. The pimps consist of Matt Dowd, AC, Tex, and The Beamster. They had the place decorated awesomely. There were fake stockings, fireplace, snowflakes, everything you can think of that's Christmas-y on the walls. Matt had a red turtleneck on with a green sweater and was saying "Happy Holidays" to everyone like he was 40. Tex was wearing a TUXEDO, AC had a Christmas tie, and The Beamster grew a santa beard....seriously. I took pictures of all of them, I'm pretty sure, b/c it was so hilarious. Tex was in an exceptionally good mood, which is always good with him. AC's brother was there, so it was double the hilariousness, Matt Dowd ended up taking off his sweater AND his turtleneck, and The Beamster told me multiple times how much he loved me and Pat, and kissed us both. The guys set up slow dances, I met some awesome people, Pat didn't get really wasted til about 12, and it really was an excellent party.

A couple things happened though....well Pete had major drama with his date but I wont' go into that here, and I didn't know about it until the next day. Davey on the other hand, came down the stairs with his date, she left, and he went into the kitchen. I've been witnessing his depressing away messages/moods lately and was like "oh no I hope he's okay." (plus I was drunk and overly emotional myself) So I go over to the keg and I'm like "Davey I just want to make sure you're okay, I just saw your date leave". He was like "yeah....I'm fine." not convincingly. So he went and sat on the couch by himself. Of COURSE I couldn't leave it alone and went over there too. I put my arms around him and was like "Davey everyone loves you, I hope you know how awesome you are!" or something along those lines. He kinda was just like "get away Erica I'm fine" with tears in his eyes. So I really really think Davey is an awesome person and hate that he falls for people and get rejected (well just one person really) so I really don't stop. Pat was wobbling around saying we should leave, and I was just like "I need to stay with Davey." But he got up and went into the bathroom, so I was like "oh well, there's really nothing I can do anyway." and just went back with Drunky aka Patrick.

The next morning we got up and Davey and Pete were in the livingroom DRINKING MORE BEER. Pet had had like 3 by the time I got up, and I was just like "wow." Davey seemed absolutely fine though, so I was like "okay whatever, I just made an ass out of myself last night but at least he doesn't care" So I watched tv and chatted with them for awhile, analyzed Pete, and went to breakfast with Pat.

I was sorry to see the weekend go, b/c it was such an amazing one, but now I'm sitting at home (as in Geneva home) not doing any work for at least 3 days, so it's a good trade off. Pat's coming to visit on Thanksgiving night, and I have a cold right now but I'm still happy! Sorry about the really long entry...Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections