Wednesday night was the big "everyone go out" night for probably most towns, and in Geneva it was the same. I saw people I haven't seen in about 4 years, and some people that I see constantly. I had a drunkenly good time, even though I got split up from Joe and ended up talking to Sue and Cody Morrow about smoking cigarettes. I found Joe again at the end of the night and he gave me a ride home.

Thanksgiving Day was different from past thanksgivings, but still a good day. Usually we go to my grandparent's house, but since my grandpa has been sick, we went to my aunt and uncle's house instead. My Uncle Billy deep-fried the turkey and it was the best turkey I've ever had. I bet it was really bad for me though, he went through 4 gallons of oil to cook it. We ate earlier in the day, like normal people do on Thanksgiving. Usually we wouldn't eat til around 5, but my grandpa gets tired more easily now and we decided to eat dinner around 2. After I got home from their house I was all screwed up on time because we ate dinner so early. I thought it was like 8 but it was really 5, and it ended up being the longest day ever.

Pat came by at about 6:15 and watched Erin Brockovich with me and my mom. My dad made us watch "Evil Roy Slade" which is some really old movie with John Astin and all these cameos by random way younger celebrities. It was an okay movie, some parts were funny I guess. My dad is obsessed with it though. After the 2 movies we just kinda talked and hung out.

Oh yeah Paul made a skateboarding DVD with like 6 of his friends and it's really cool. They used all this high tech stuff to make it look like a real professional skateboarding movie. I was asking Paul who of his friends was the best skateboarder, and he wouldn't answer me. Keith finally told me that PAUL is the best one.

Friday afternoon I went to the mall with my mom, Paul, and 2 of his friends. We spent from 10:30 to 3:30 there and by the time we left I was exhausted. I bought presents for most of the people I needed to buy for, but I still have a few left to get. I also got presents for myself (well my mom did) including a cd player system for my car (!!!) But I have to wait til December 19th so a Circuit City person can install it.

Friday night I went out on the town again with Sue, Joe, Steph, and Sue's roomates from college. They all live in different places now so Sue was happy that they all were hanging out together (well with a few little glitches). We went out, and this time I got separated from Sue, and was hanging out with Joe and Steph all night. It was a good night except for when I saw Angelo and he was being really weird to me. Pat has been semi-harrassing him online for pretty much no reason, so I'm guessing that's why Angelo was being the way he was. But I tried to talk normally to him and he told me he was trying to be cold to me. I was like ...."why...?" and he goes "I've been asking myself the same thing." What?? That kid never made sense to me, and he still doesn't now.

Yesterday I was maybe supposed to go to Pat's, but I decided not to, plus the weather was really crappy. So I kinda just cleaned up and tried to do work all day. But I did get to see an amazing movie in the midst of everything else. I went with my mom to see "Love Actually" and I KNEW it was gonna be awesome. I love romantic movies anyway, and this was like 496 different stories of different kinds of love. I won't give anything away, but my absolute FAVORITE story line is about unrequited love, which to me is the most romantic of all. It's also the saddest...but when I saw it in the movie, I just loved it. I guess it doesn't even have to be unrequited love...maybe just when you secretly love someone and there's little clues but nobody knows....I think that's the cutest thing ever. Of course I have to live vicariously through other weird love situations because I have the most trouble free love life ever right now, but that's okay.

So after the movie I got my oil changed (a little scary) and then just went home and hung out for awhile. Later on I went to Sue's and watched "The Outsiders". Now if anyone has ever seen that....WTF is up with that movie? It's semi-homoerotic, and the plot is just plain strange. I thought it was a classic?? I know there's about 3 million stars in it, but that still couldn't save the plot. Let me put it this way...it was in the drama section but I think it really should have been in comedy.

So last night I said goodbye to Sue because she's going to Boston monday or tuesday to start a new job. She seems to think she won't get Xmas off, but I think she will, and I know I'll see her again at some point soon. Today I just basically woke up, ate, packed, and left for school again. I'm supposed to be working on the 2 papers I have due really soon, but I can't seem to focus my mind on either one of them. I probably should try though.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections