Last night I went to my grandparent's house for dinner (my dad's parents this time) to celebrate my mom's b-day. My aunt and uncle were there too, and as always they had to mention Jesus 3875 times. My dad's family is highly Born Again and I'm glad they don't look down on us people that don't revolve our lives totally around our religion, but they still say things that make me a little mad. My roommate is Born Again too, I have nothing against them, but sometimes they can be the most closed minded people, it's frustrating. My aunt was talking to me forever about Lord of the Rings and how spectacular it is, then when I mentioned that I read the Harry Potter books a dark look came over her face. "Oh I don't get into Harry Potter, that sorcery stuff isn't for me." I'm sorry but who do you think Gandolf and Saruman are in Lord of the Rings? Oh well, it's not a big deal I guess.

After that dinner I went to Joe's to watch Run Lola Run. It was a great movie, as I thought it would be. Pat was making fun of it for some odd reason. I think he just didn't know what it was about at all, but when I kinda told him what it was about he seemed a little more interested. It's about this girl that is trying to save her idiot boyfriend (who leaves 100,000 dollars just sitting around?) by running around town trying to get the money back before he has to die for his mistake. There are 3 different scenarios, all making us think about how the little changes made in everyday life could have so much effect on how our lives play out.

It's interesting that we watched the movie when we did, because a kid from Geneva just died needlessly. He was in New Hampshire where he went to college and he was walking down the sidewalk with another kid. A car jumped the sidewalk and hit them both from behind, killing them. Any number of changes made in the day preceeding the accident could have prevented it from happening, but they didn't, and the boys were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't know him very well, I only hung out with him once or twice, but he was very popular b/c he was nice and funny, and everyone in Geneva feels this loss.

Sorry I'm not usually depressing in my blog (I leave that to Joe and/or Sue) but sometimes life isn't fair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections